Flag Etiquette

It's not my place to comment on the American flag and I won't. You have your laws, customs and ways of doing things and I TOTALLY respect that. (y)

I respect ours too and fly it on the back of my Jeep for a few weeks around Canada Day which is July 1st. It's a fairly common thing to do ... see my avatar to the left. I also fly one on the front of my house year round and never camp without one. I don't like to see ours bastardized but I made an exception of sorts. This is my avatar on another (non-Jeep) forum ...

View attachment 201495

Nice milk bags!

• Haha
Reactions: PCO6 and Apparition
You guys. Read the US history, Texas flag is the only state flag that can fly at equal level along side with the US flag.
That's an Urban Legend. Neither the Joint Resolution for Annexing Texas to the United States nor the Ordinance of Annexation contain any provisions regarding flags. According to the US Flag Code, any state flag can be flown at the same height as the U.S. flag, but the U.S. flag should be on its right (the viewer's left). Consistent with the U.S. Flag Code, the Texas Flag Code specifies that the state flag should either be flown below the U.S. flag if on the same pole or at the same height as the U.S. flag if on separate poles.

Google it, you'll find hundreds of references indicating it is an urban legend. I believed it myself until I went to Honor Guard school for the LE agency I worked for (in Texas).

To clarify, on the same pole yes.. US flag is higher and should be. Separate poles, any state flag can be flown at the same height as the US flag but US flag must be flown to the right of other flags.

Reactions: randy328
I was hoping this was the other Flag thread.

B33C8DC8-9A7B-4C68-972D-215062425045.jpeg
39F8F129-A29E-4340-8B26-C8AA142EB723.jpeg

You guys do have some seriously complicated rules on flags - it strikes me that the only thing as sacred to a British person as the US flag is to you is the Queen…

Anyway, an often misunderstood thing with the UK's Union Flag is that painted on a vehicle it should 'stream' from the front of the vehicle. This means that if painted on the right hand side of the vehicle it will be reversed. Is that also true of the Stars & Stripes? Most often seen on aircraft.

Reactions: voodooridr and PCO6
You guys do have some seriously complicated rules on flags - it strikes me that the only thing as sacred to a British person as the US flag is to you is the Queen…

Anyway, an often misunderstood thing with the UK's Union Flag is that painted on a vehicle it should 'stream' from the front of the vehicle. This means that if painted on the right hand side of the vehicle it will be reversed. Is that also true of the Stars & Stripes? Most often seen on aircraft.

The stars should always lead for the same reason.

If you mount the Queen on your Jeep, which side should you mount her on?