Flooded first TJ before I could join the forum

asheville_lj

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents

I have been looking forward to joining a TJ forum for a couple months now. The first Jeep I purchased was a 2013 JK Sahara in Gecko Green. I then moved to a Job that I needed to transport important clients around so I moved to a 2014 WK2 Grand Cherokee, and hated it! Un-reliable, un-workable, and to disconnected from the road. As soon as I left that job i.e. about 2 months ago I started looking for a Wrangler again, but knew I wanted something much simpler, so my rules were no power windows, no power locks, and no automatic transmission. I also knew that I wanted an LJ, so I finally found one that fit the bill, and drove to Joplin, MO to bring it home. Within weeks we had severe flooding here, and while I was camping overnight, the river swelled up and sucked in my LJ. After about a month of searching I was able to find another one that fit what I was looking for, and just picked it us last week. Looking forward to connecting with you guys, and sharing your passion for Jeeps from a simpler time.

-Tyler

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1339 2.JPG

Wow that's brutal man. Welcome to the site.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Wow, how did you flood that first TJ? I assume you drove it into the water too far?

I dig that LJ though, looks excellent in red!

Wow, how did you flood that first TJ? I assume you drove it into the water too far?

I dig that LJ though, looks excellent in red!

It was just parked overnight, but the swell from the excess rain brought the river right up to it, and eroded the ground beneath it :/. I appreciate the compliment, I was actually pretty partial to the white, but am now completely on board with the red. Im hoping to make this one last more than a month!

Reactions: VallenMaes
Excellent goal. If you really felt like pushing it I bet you could make it to 2 months. It'd be hard work but possibly...

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
It was just parked overnight, but the swell from the excess rain brought the river right up to it, and eroded the ground beneath it :/. I appreciate the compliment, I was actually pretty partial to the white, but am now completely on board with the red. Im hoping to make this one last more than a month!

Yeah, hopefully this one doesn't end up flooded. Clean LJs are rare these days. They're getting up there in value!

Excellent goal. If you really felt like pushing it I bet you could make it to 2 months. It'd be hard work but possibly...

I'm feeling ambitious, put me down for 2 months! I will however never be parking overnight by any body of water for quite some time, lesson learned

Reactions: PapaJeep
Not sure about the States but over here we have Car wash places...lol.;)

Welcome to the forum mate, plenty of people on here who can help and a few people who like to see the funnier side of life.

I agree that white looks clean....very clean now I'm guessing.

Reactions: PapaJeep