Florence South Carolina

SSG_Wanderer

Good morning everyone.

I'm Jason, I'm currently living in Florence, SC. My wife, son, and I moved here from Alaska a few months ago, and we're not huge fans of the area but that's life. The next place should be a little more lively.

Anyway, I'm not actually currently a TJ owner. I'm currently driving a 7.3 diesel truck that I've managed to sell (completion of sale pending, down payment in hand) and should be the owner of a clean 97 TJ by the end of the week.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, tinkering with expensive toys, shooting stuff, and writing.

I'm a member of the wrangler forum as well, but this forum appears to be a lot more specialized to TJs which is nice, and the layout is really clean.

Also, previous 96 XJ owner.

Thanks!

Reactions: Kathy
Welcome! SC sounds like a big change from Alaska, but at least you'll be able to drive with the top off the Jeep more, I assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll love the TJ, that's for sure. One of the best decisions you'll ever make, I can promise you that.

As for South Carolina, I've never been there. Are you anywhere near the coast?

I've been to Florence a couple of times, the downtown area is pretty nice...or will be if they ever finish construction! It must be a big shock to go to SC from Alaska though. S.C. is kind of an ugly state, if you ask me. Maybe ugly isn't the right word...but boring from a scenery perspective?

Reactions: Chris
Can it be as boring as Kansas?
I've never been to Kansas...but I have driven through miles of cornfields. S.C. is different. A lot of it is swampy so the vegetation is THICK. You drive through a green hallway...nothing to look at. The trees are stunted and short tho too, so its not like driving through a nice forest. Just seems like a lot of scrub brush. So probably the same, but different?

I've never been to Kansas...but I have driven through miles of cornfields. S.C. is different. A lot of it is swampy so the vegetation is THICK. You drive through a green hallway...nothing to look at. The trees are stunted and short tho too, so its not like driving through a nice forest. Just seems like a lot of scrub brush. So probably the same, but different?

I've never been through South Carolina, but I have driven through Kansas, and it's very forgettable. Kansas was nothing but completely flat fields (corn, hay, etc.) for hundreds of miles. Not even a mountain range, no forests, just flat and open for as far as the eye could see. Not to say that isn't pretty in it's own way, but I can imagine that living there would get awfully dull. I'm used to forests, trees, mountain ranges, etc.

South Carolina sounds similar to some degree!

The Lowcountry of SC can be swampy but as you move up into the Midlands and Upstate it turns more into farmland and the mountains start. The foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains start and you get some nice views, lakes and rivers.

Reactions: Ahow74 and Chris
Wow, what happened to the OP? He either got lost in SC, or decided to move back to Alaska...

Ha! I was at work all day. I don't remember if I drove through Kansas coming down here or not. We came back into the states through Montana during a snow storm so I was driving nonstop for a lot of it. Canada is beautiful though, specifically British Columbia. The Yukon Territory is about as treacherous as you would think it is in the winter. If we end up doing the big drive again, hopefully it will be in a much nicer time of year than November.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone commenting. Florence is about an hour and some change west of Myrtle Beach, and we have been to the beach a few times since we've been here. Charleston is beautiful, Columbia is really nice, and Charlotte NC is too, but man Florence is boring. Oh, I'm attaching a couple of pictures of the jeep too. The owner is currently in PA, so hopefully if all goes well I'll pick it up on Saturday.

00E0E_cStIfEjcXJk_600x450.jpg

00q0q_2ytsZHFsoyo_600x450.jpg

Reactions: JMT, LTTJ and Chris
Ha! I was at work all day. I don't remember if I drove through Kansas coming down here or not. We came back into the states through Montana during a snow storm so I was driving nonstop for a lot of it. Canada is beautiful though, specifically British Columbia. The Yukon Territory is about as treacherous as you would think it is in the winter. If we end up doing the big drive again, hopefully it will be in a much nicer time of year than November.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone commenting. Florence is about an hour and some change west of Myrtle Beach, and we have been to the beach a few times since we've been here. Charleston is beautiful, Columbia is really nice, and Charlotte NC is too, but man Florence is boring. Oh, I'm attaching a couple of pictures of the jeep too. The owner is currently in PA, so hopefully if all goes well I'll pick it up on Saturday.
Good luck with the Jeep.

Reactions: SSG_Wanderer
That's cool that you're close to the beach though. Where we live in Oregon, we are 1 hour away from the Oregon Coast, and that alone makes it worth it. It's a short drive, and it's always a fun weekend trip.

My advice to you would be to head to the coast every once in a while. I've never been to Myrtle Beach, but I hear it's nice!

Also, I agree, Canada is very beautiful. Anytime I drive through British Columbia I just love it!

Unfortunately the TJ in the pictures had a completely rusted out frame that the owner did not inform me of prior to me making a two hour drive to buy it (I did ask before hand), and so I'm back to the drawing board. There are two other lifted TJs I'm interested in as well, so the struggle continues.

Reactions: Stanley and Chris