Florida... going kicking and screaming but

Florida wasn't my first choice either - but FAR from my last. I'll second the rec for the panhandle area, much more scenic than where I am or farther south. But the politics here are tolerable and most importantly, there's NO SNOW!

I spent a decade on the panhandle & really liked it. The wheeling scene isn't exactly robust but there are places to go exploring. Boggs & Boulders isn't too far from there, just don't go on a holiday weekend.

Any chance you have a tow rig and car hauler for your Jeep Jerry? At least that way you will be able to travel to some wheeling comfortably.

Any chance you have a tow rig and car hauler for your Jeep Jerry? At least that way you will be able to travel to some wheeling comfortably.
It really does open up some possibilities, at least for me with little kids & dogs. We've been to Moab twice so far, zero chance it would have happened if we had to get there driving the TJ.

It looks like I will be headed that way myself in the new year. I've been debating whether or not it is worth keeping the Jeep. I'll be interested to hear your comments on Florida life.

Bought gas here in Jacksonville today, frigging amazing...

20201026_161014.jpg

The view from the back deck of my son's in-law's house in jacksonville isn't bad at all.

View attachment 198634
Hey in 6 to 8 hrs can do some wheeling in Smokey mountains not what your used to but not flat as Florida Jeep beach in April is a blast plus there is a bunch of form members scattered around the state. Welcome
Looks like he is somewhere on the st Johns River Boating to the springs etc is a blast see you out there

(y)

Oh yeah, gas seems to be much cheaper in the southeast than anywhere else.

Have you already moved there or just house hunting for now?
We aren't moving here for about another 1.5 years. This trip is to meet our son and daughter-in-law's new 2 month old twin baby boys and to look at areas to figure out where to live. Lots of areas to consider for sure.

I’ve come across rattle snakes here a few times. Both times they warned me and I stayed away. I don’t consider them aggressive since they warn and don’t come after you.

I’m worried about that moving to AR...
Not an issue... kinda like saying “shark attacks“ at the ocean.. few and far between

We owned a place in Apopka FL, my wife's parents lived in The Villages (Golf until you die). Florida is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. That being said I would rather live in Florida then California where they tell you what you can do for Thanksgiving.