Fluid Film vs Surface Shield

jazngab

Done but not quite finished
Supporting Member
Not sure if this has been brought up before but here’s an interesting video for my fellow rust belt TJ owners. New competition to Fluid Film? Its made by the makers of PB Blaster.

The guy says he’s not getting paid or sponsored but who knows. I figured I give it a try since it’s about time for the annual preventative rust treatment. Today I bought a few cans and applied it to the undercarriage and frame. I will say that it doesn’t have a strong offensive smell like fluid film does. It was also cheaper than FF. So far so good. Let’s see if it holds up like it did in the video.

I didn't watch that video (yet) but as long as it's some type of oil based stuff that isn't too thin like motor oil that washes away it should help.

A before and after (Fall and Spring) video from you would be nice to see.

Might be nice to spray some of that up inside the frame.
yea i was thinking the same thing, checked HD website and it's out of stock 😞
I picked it up in store. But the guy on the video said the only negative to it right now is that it’s not compatible with the extension hosing for using inside cavities such as the frames. So FF still works good in those applications with the extension hosing

i picked up 6 cans of that PB today. so we'll see how it does on the Ram.
and 2 cans of FF for use with the wand in crevices
Definitely curious what you find out. I'd like to coat the bottom of the tub with this stuff, if it's as good as stated.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
I applied Surface Shield to the inside of my repaired frame (Safe-T-Caps) a few months ago. Now that the weather has warmed up to 70+ degrees, I noticed that the Surface Shield is liquifying and coming out through the drainage holes. I knew it has a thinner consistency than Fluid Film, but I did not expect it to "melt" like it is in warm weather. I'm sure it will just get worse in the hot summer months. I will admit that I applied a generous amount since it was the first application (2 1/2 cans per side) and I had already applied some Eastwood's frame coating. Both of those could be contributing to what is happening. It's not a huge deal other than the mess it makes when it drips on my driveway.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I applied Surface Shield to the inside of my repaired frame (Safe-T-Caps) a few months ago. Now that the weather has warmed up to 70+ degrees, I noticed that the Surface Shield is liquifying and coming out through the drainage holes. I knew it has a thinner consistency than Fluid Film, but I did not expect it to "melt" like it is in warm weather. I'm sure it will just get worse in the hot summer months. I will admit that I applied a generous amount since it was the first application (2 1/2 cans per side) and I had already applied some Eastwood's frame coating. Both of those could be contributing to what is happening. It's not a huge deal other than the mess it makes when it drips on my driveway.

atleast the driveway wont rust now ! :D