Fluid syringe (looks perfect for diffs)

Next time I do mine I’m planning on looking for it in the bag.
https://www.packworld.com/design/pa...-convenience-with-gear-oil-in-standup-pouchesBut to answer your question, I tried one very similar to that as an industrial mechanic and they aren’t that great. In a normal day I changed maybe two gearboxes a day. I spilt more than I put in and industrial gearboxes are normally a bit easy to access than our difs.

I have the MCM one from Supercheap also. It's awesome for sucking out/replacing fluid from brake and clutch reservoirs and power steering pumps. Not sure about doing diff and box refills with it though as its not that big.

not sure i see the use for it.
if your a mall crawler your not changin fluid enough to warrant it and if you use the jeep it should be opened to be inspected as often as the lube needs changed.

I use one of these from Walmart, under $10

1648038550689.png

I can prop the bottle up above the diff and let it drain while I do something else.

I have one and found it difficult to use. The bottle pumps are much nicer.
View attachment 317656
I hate those things, they never seem to fit onto the bottles right, and then you have to sit there for 20 minutes pumping the damn thing lol.

The gear oil bags from Valvoline are awesome, just used them this weekend on a friend's BMW where there is basically zero room to service the diffs, and I didn't spill any.

I also have one of those Motive fluid pumps that works quite well.

I hate those things, they never seem to fit onto the bottles right, and then you have to sit there for 20 minutes pumping the damn thing lol.

That has rarely been been my experience. And I have never spent 20 minutes pumping gear oil.

Reactions: Kid Mechanic
I use one of those big syringes to fill up the cooling system on my computer. It's tight quarters and one of those with a flexible tube works well.

You can find them in a variety of sizes. I never thought of it for filling a diff, I've always used the bottle top pump. Does seem to take longer than it should, but it's not annoying enough to make me search out alternatives.

i use a small hand pump also, but i'd give the squeeze bags a go if they carry them around here. haven't seen them yet. if anything its less space in my trash can when empty.

I have a large version of this and it's cumbersome to use. With gear oil it's tough to hold onto and push the fluid into the diff while laying under a rig. I use the screw on pump or screw on hose adapter now. The gear oil bags are pretty nice too.