Flush mounted tail lights

SilverBullet

TJ Enthusiast
Looking for a good replacement for my blown flush mounted round taillights. Anyone have good experience with a certain brand? Also any out there that have brake, reverse, turn, and running lights would be a plus. My current ones do not have turn signal lights. TIA

Last edited:
Reactions: Big-Al
If you are going for the agricultural look, grab a set of Massey Fergusons and throw on there. You will need to add reverse lights separately.

s-l1600.jpg

I've ordered these but haven't had a chance to install yet. Reviews looked good though. The integrated reverse LEDs that don't take up 1/3 of the lens sold me.

Amazon

I like the maxbilt ones too and I have them. They're supposed to be able to take a beating and keep working. There's videos online I think they even blow one up and what's left keeps working. They're flush and you don't have to cut the tub. Comes with reverse blinkers etc.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Looking to get the MaxBilt for the thin design. Hoping they might clear the RockHard gas can mount on an old Currie bumper. RH says passenger side won't clear on the Currie. Have a note into RH asking if they can tell me. Looks like an inch or more less depth from OEM light housings. Anyone have that measurement comparison? Guess I could go flush mount but don't need to cut a new hole for the MB.

I've ordered these but haven't had a chance to install yet. Reviews looked good though. The integrated reverse LEDs that don't take up 1/3 of the lens sold me.

Amazon
I've had these since last january with no issues. Total into the project was around 80$ and 35$ of that was buying the milwalkie hole saw.
uaqrzOt.jpg

Reactions: nathanotis and JMT
Going this route in "molded" (plastic) for $118 including relay instead of billet @ $258. Same guts.
https://metalcloak.com/tj-wrangler-rear-molded-led-kit.html1.75" shallower than OEM so pretty sure it will give me clearance for my RH gas can rack.

Speaking of the gas cans:
Got the steel cans from Harbor Freight. Went to fill for the first time and they have a wonderfully funky plastic 'filter' inserted in the can. It won't simply pull out so will have to cut it out. Interferes with filling at all but the slowest, by hand, speed at the pump. And, it will disallow the use of my new shaker gravity hose. No big deal, just inconvenient for now.
Grabbed 25 gal for my Honda generators.. you know why..:alien:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob and 06lj