FN SCAR

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Okay, so I just can't resist any longer. I was at Cabela's this weekend and found an FN SCAR they had for sale in the gun department. I've wanted one for a long time, and now it looks as though I'm finally going to buy one.

I'm thinking I want the 17S model over the 16S.

I'd love some of those as well! The SCAR is coming first though. Absolutely love the look of them.

FN makes a good firearm. I've got an FN FAL, the Austrian StG-58 ( Look familiar? ). Wonderful piece of machinery. Shoot 168 grn. cast out of it in large quantities. If I could find a five round magazine for it, it would be my hunting rifle. As it is, it's the main go-to rifle. If it had the folding stock, it would be my "Jeep gun". You'll like the scar.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
FN makes a good firearm. I've got an FN FAL, the Austrian StG-58 ( Look familiar? ). Wonderful piece of machinery. Shoot 168 grn. cast out of it in large quantities. If I could find a five round magazine for it, it would be my hunting rifle. As it is, it's the main go-to rifle. If it had the folding stock, it would be my "Jeep gun". You'll like the scar.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's what I'm thinking. I read nothing but good reviews about the SCAR. Not to mention it sure looks cool as well.

I'm going to go with the 17S version as opposed to the 16S which uses the 5.56 round.

That's what I'm thinking. I read nothing but good reviews about the SCAR. Not to mention it sure looks cool as well.

I'm going to go with the 17S version as opposed to the 16S which uses the 5.56 round.

Good move. 17S everytime. Don't look back. I owned one when i lived in Montana. Dreamed about it. Bought it. Unreal. Almost never fired my 1911 handgun after that purchase. Sold because i made a great profit. If i ever want another, i'll just buy when there's a republican president lol.

I just never got the .223/AR-15 thing. It's really not a functional round for shooting anything other than targets and people. It's a close quarters long round.

You can hunt significant sized animals with the 17S. .308/7.62 is just a better round. I don't get why more people don't own battle rifle platforms. Fire less. Hit more. Hit hard. It's bred as a next-gen battle rifle from the SCAR-H. The only other semi-auto i'd own is a Springfield M1A. Springfield is so heavy though.

I had a Para Ordnance Full frame 1911, my SCAR 17S and my modded Remington 700SPS Tactial for years. I was never jealous of anyone's gun. I suppose I'd take a Barret MRAD .338 Lapua, but again, it is as outside the bell curve of function for me as a .223/5.56 platform.

Good move. 17S everytime. Don't look back. I owned one when i lived in Montana. Dreamed about it. Bought it. Unreal. Almost never fired my 1911 handgun after that purchase. Sold because i made a great profit. If i ever want another, i'll just buy when there's a republican president lol.

I just never got the .223/AR-15 thing. It's really not a functional round for shooting anything other than targets and people. It's a close quarters long round.

You can hunt significant sized animals with the 17S. .308/7.62 is just a better round. I don't get why more people don't own battle rifle platforms. Fire less. Hit more. Hit hard. It's bred as a next-gen battle rifle from the SCAR-H. The only other semi-auto i'd own is a Springfield M1A. Springfield is so heavy though.

I had a Para Ordnance Full frame 1911, my SCAR 17S and my modded Remington 700SPS Tactial for years. I was never jealous of anyone's gun. I suppose I'd take a Barret MRAD .338 Lapua, but again, it is as outside the bell curve of function for me as a .223/5.56 platform.

Thanks! Between the 16S and 17S there was no way I wasn't going to go for the 17S. I was in the Army (11 Bravo) and so I'm very well aware of the difference between a 5.56 round and a 7.62, and I much prefer the 7.62 myself.

I don't think there is anything else I would rather have than an FN SCAR, especially when it comes to a battle rifle. The quality on these things is just so amazing. Sure, they cost an arm and a leg, but if you ask me it's a good investment, especially with all this shit going on these days.

Too bad ACR doesn't chamber a .308...

SCAR's are so light. The 17 is only 12oz more than the 16. I have the same muzzle break on my bolt action (Primary Weapon Systems).

The other cool thing about a battle rifle is you can reload without switching dies. I don't crimp my .308 target and hunting rounds, and they're seated fairly far out, specific for my rifle. Just gotta seat to 2.800 and add a crimp for the SCAR. Takes about a second to reset the seating depth and crimp depth.

I could run the SCAR rounds in my bolt action all day, so no need to carry different rounds.

That's awesome! I haven't taken deliver of the FN SCAR yet, but I'm sure I'll like it. When I was in the Army I had an M4, so this will be a huge upgrade from that!