JLLJ

TJ Enthusiast
747E0E80-E831-463F-9703-22EE59C447C7.jpeg
My 86 CJ and 05 LJ
7C0F8079-78A8-432A-AC91-09B0914036A5.jpeg
35B1B8C5-D592-4667-9ABF-01D6AB1E107A.jpeg
my son's 03 TJ
6BCCC112-114A-4E1C-B713-5599A6E6B911.jpeg
New guy here, been surfing around a little bit before joining. Not new to Jeeps but just getting back into it again after a couple years on the wagon. Just picked up this 2005 LJ Rubicon 67k miles, got it kind of cheap due to a rebuild title.

List of old Jeeps:
58 CJ5 sold
86 CJ7 waiting for something
89 XJ sold
94 XJ sold
99 XJ sold
00 Grand Cherokee sold

I just moved from Camano Island not that long ago, been to Whidbey many many times while living over there in WA. Welcome to the forum, and very nice Jeeps you've got there. Love the handprints btw!

Reactions: JLLJ
Great looking TJ and LJ! What happened to the LJ that caused it to have a rebuilt title?

Also, do you have any big plans for it?

Great looking TJ and LJ! What happened to the LJ that caused it to have a rebuilt title?

Also, do you have any big plans for it?

Don't know much, according to Carfax originally a Texas rig that had damage to drivers front from a guardrail. Rebuilt in Oregon in 2010/2011. Not planning much, OME lift, skinny 32's or 33's. Mostly DD with the occasional back country trip. Would like to do the WA Back country discovery trail

Reactions: psrivats and Chris
I just moved from Camano Island not that long ago, been to Whidbey many many times while living over there in WA. Welcome to the forum, and very nice Jeeps you've got there. Love the handprints btw!
Thanks! We put the handprints on there when my kids were 7/8 yrs old, 15 years ago when it was still running.

Reactions: psrivats
Don't know much, according to Carfax originally a Texas rig that had damage to drivers front from a guardrail. Rebuilt in Oregon in 2010/2011. Not planning much, OME lift, skinny 32's or 33's. Mostly DD with the occasional back country trip. Would like to do the WA Back country discovery trail

Very cool! I'm down here in Oregon myself. We've definitely got a lot of great places to explore here in the PNW, so we're fortunate for that.

Reactions: JLLJ
I grew up on Whidbey. Graduated from Oak Harbor High. Married my first ex-wife there, as well! LOL You never really appreciate a place until you leave it. Now I can't wait to "appreciate" Everett! ;)

Welcome aboard!

Reactions: skrelnik
I grew up on Whidbey. Graduated from Oak Harbor High. Married my first ex-wife there, as well! LOL You never really appreciate a place until you leave it. Now I can't wait to "appreciate" Everett! ;)

Welcome aboard!
My step daughters grand parents live in Everett. Only place I've ever seen with girls in bikinis making coffee. Can't say I have seen one up close though.

Nice looking LJR. If I was to sell my jeep I would be looking for the exact color and trim. Auto or manual?
I had bfg 33x10.5 for a long time. They are a great tire

My step daughters grand parents live in Everett. Only place I've ever seen with girls in bikinis making coffee. Can't say I have seen one up close though.
Yep! That's Everett for ya. Even in the dead of winter. Actually had a court battle over the Bikini Baristas. Everett says to "cover up", but the baristas say they don't have to. So far, the courts have ruled in favor of the baristas. Wet Tee-shirt Wednesdays are the best, or so my son tells me. I wouldn't know. I'm more of an "instant coffee" kind of guy...or so my wife tells me...;)

Reactions: skrelnik

Nice looking LJR. If I was to sell my jeep I would be looking for the exact color and trim. Auto or manual?
I had bfg 33x10.5 for a long time. They are a great tire

Mine is a 6spd manual. Pretty happy with it so far, I've heard that the 6spd isn't as strong as the 5spd but we'll see how it plays out.

Reactions: rasband and Alex01

Welcome aboard!
I'm originally from NW Indiana, but the Navy brought me to Whidbey in 1989 and I've lived there pretty much ever since. Sure has changed a lot in the past 30 yrs. I miss Kow Korner, but they still have the drive-in movie theatre.

Reactions: Squatch
Mine is a 6spd manual. Pretty happy with it so far, I've heard that the 6spd isn't as strong as the 5spd but we'll see how it plays out.
From what I gather it isn't that much weaker. It does have a slightly lower 1st gear ratio then the NV3550 so you do gain a bit of crawl ratio out of it. Now that I know its a manual I can say you have the exact LJR I would be after if I was to switch over.

I'm originally from NW Indiana, but the Navy brought me to Whidbey in 1989 and I've lived there pretty much ever since. Sure has changed a lot in the past 30 yrs. I miss Kow Korner, but they still have the drive-in movie theatre.
The last time I went back, I pretty much decided was literally "the last time". Even the high school was unrecognizable. I was thoroughly bummed-out by the whole thing. Kow Korner was awesome! Seems to me they had some bitchin' deal on Wednesdays with their double cheeseburgers. Something like two for $1.50. As far as the drive-in theater goes, yeah...the Blue Fox Drive-In. Lost my virginity to my first ex-wife there during a Cheech & Chong movie in the back of my '67 Dodge Dart GT. Man, I miss that car... ;)

The last time I went back, I pretty much decided was literally "the last time". Even the high school was unrecognizable. I was thoroughly bummed-out by the whole thing. Kow Korner was awesome! Seems to me they had some bitchin' deal on Wednesdays with their double cheeseburgers. Something like two for $1.50. As far as the drive-in theater goes, yeah...the Blue Fox Drive-In. Lost my virginity to my first ex-wife there during a Cheech & Chong movie in the back of my '67 Dodge Dart GT. Man, I miss that car... ;)
You don't fool us...you miss every car you ever had...:p

Reactions: Squatch
From what I gather it isn't that much weaker. It does have a slightly lower 1st gear ratio then the NV3550 so you do gain a bit of crawl ratio out of it. Now that I know its a manual I can say you have the exact LJR I would be after if I was to switch over.
My son bought his TJ about a year before I got this, he doesn't know I've got mine yet. He's gonna be pissed at me :D

Nice Jeep collection. The NSG370 is plenty strong for what you plan to do. The downside is it can be clunky, noisy, and is expensive to repair. Change the fluid to Redline MTL and it should smooth it out some. Did for mine and many reports of the same from others.