Where is the fog light switch on my 2004 TJ?

MCE7

Supporting Member
My factory equipment list says my 2004 sport came equipped with front fog lamps. The lamps had been removed and I want to replace them. I can find the fog lamp plugs under the front fenders, but I can't locate a factory switch. Nothing on the steering column and no auxiliary switch. How do I wire in a switch or should a buy new steering column switch assembly with the integral fog lamp switch?

The fog light switch is built into the MFS stalk on the left side of the steering column.

My MFS stalk is w/o the fog lamp switch, so I assume all I need to do is buy a MFS w/ fog lamp switch.

Just to be safe, see if you have the plug stuck in one of the switch blanks in your cig lighter panel. I know yours should be on the MFS. Mine is a 2000 so no MFS and the pig tail was stuck in a switch blank. Oddly, I had no connectors under the fenders. Bummed about that.

My MFS stalk is w/o the fog lamp switch, so I assume all I need to do is buy a MFS w/ fog lamp switch.

Double check that. I think some of the replacement switches don't have markings for the fog light, and they can rub off after a while too. You turn them on by pulling straight out.

IMG_20211203_102539.jpg