Fog lights not working

Rza

Hi guys. The fog lights that came with my Jeep worked fine until I did one of two things. I did them about the same time.

The first thing was to install an aftermarket bumper. I temporarily had to, and currently have, the wires pulled pretty tight to reach the new location. I undid the electrical tape bundling the fog/turn/other lights together to get the extra length. Even after this however the fog lights worked. Also the switch still works and lights up, as does all of the other lights.

The same day or next day I ran wire to install that sound ordinance sub I heard good things about. Sub works great everything on the Jeep is fine except the fog lights don't seem to be getting power.

I turned them on and put a wiggy to the wires and got nothing although I'm not sure a wiggy (like a volt tester that wiggles) would register or not. I've tried to follow the wires from the switch with an endoscope but get lost. I did find a wire harness in the area I was working on the sub that is hanging loose so I'm thinking this may be it? But I can't find anywhere to plug it in.

The attached picture is of the loose wire. It is driver side and goes through the firewall between the two rubber plugs in that area. It seems to disappear into a cavity though because I can't locate it in the engine bay.

Thanks in advance
20181218_142154.jpg

Is it possible this could be the cause?
How to repair multifunction switch for fog lights (fog lights that won't turn off)

I know it's a very, very common issue on TJs. Happened to mine with 50k miles on it!

I know it would be a coincidence, but you never know.

If not, the first thing I would do is get a digital multimeter or test light. Turn the fo lights on and see if it's getting power at the plug. If not, continue to trace the fog light wires as far as you can, testing the positive wire the entire way, until you find where it is getting power.

That's the way I would diagnose this.

Yeah, I'll get a test light and verify I'm not getting any power. Does anyone know what that wire might be if not the fog lights. I'll get a better picture. Also forgot to mention it's a 2000 sport

Looking at it closer it doesn't go through the firewall at all. It is just folded and taped so it looked that way. The wire in the pictures is taped to more wires that run under the dash from (presumably) the fuse box to the steering column area.

20181218_144639.jpg

20181218_144646.jpg