For 70k you can get this...

Must be Hemi conversions.

Hemi conversion by a local shop here, is only (ONLY.....yeah right) $24k

By doing it all yourself you could save a ton! The engine itself will run you $10k (with wiring/ECU) and then you've got to make it work with the Wrangler harness and gauges. While that's a boatload of wiring madness, it IS going to cost you $5k or more to have someone sort the gremlins.

So if you take the current market for a 5 yr old rubi (+/-$30k) and buy a crate hemi ($10k) and pay someone to put it in ($5k) and then add all the farkles that is in the CL ad (lift/wheels/fenders/bumpers/winch....+/-$10k) you're saving $10-$15k

But do you really want $50k+ buried in a JK?

I'd rather have a dedicated buggy build for $25k and a tow pig for $20k and $5k for fuel and supplies for trips thruout the year

Reactions: Ron505
I might buy it if I was a multi-millionaire. But even then I would think twice.

Hemi conversion by a local shop here, is only (ONLY.....yeah right) $24k

By doing it all yourself you could save a ton! The engine itself will run you $10k (with wiring/ECU) and then you've got to make it work with the Wrangler harness and gauges. While that's a boatload of wiring madness, it IS going to cost you $5k or more to have someone sort the gremlins.

So if you take the current market for a 5 yr old rubi (+/-$30k) and buy a crate hemi ($10k) and pay someone to put it in ($5k) and then add all the farkles that is in the CL ad (lift/wheels/fenders/bumpers/winch....+/-$10k) you're saving $10-$15k

But do you really want $50k+ buried in a JK?

I'd rather have a dedicated buggy build for $25k and a tow pig for $20k and $5k for fuel and supplies for trips thruout the year
One of the reason people use the Hemi is that there is minimum wiring difference. Gauges work, ECU plugs in (I think) . That is one of the biggest differences between Hemi and LS swaps. I know there are shops that will do a swap out the door for less than 15k. Novak is one and there is a Hemi - JK shop in Las Vegas that charge about the same thing.
It is expensive, but not as much as a lot of people think.

Reactions: Chris
There's definitely big money sunk into that rig, but you would need to be on crack to pay that for it!
yep, $70K for something that is too uncomfortable to drive. Great investment !!
00L0L_8ILlupHZMLp_600x450.jpg

Rode by rubitrux in Boone today. SO MUCH INVENTORY!!!!

I bet they had 25 of these caliber hemi modded lifted AEV catalog magnet laden $65k plus Jku's

I'm sure they sell them to corporate big shots with a shit ton of money burning a hole in their pocket.

To be honest though, the Pentestar engine in the new JK is actually a pretty good engine as it is. Sure, it's not a Hemi, but I'm not sue if I'd be rushing to replace it.

70 K is too much. My husband has a passion for jeeps which made me interested in these stuffs. But I would never spend 70 K for it