For all of us with two wheels also

If I ever get back out there I'll have to look up or if you do Sturgis I'm in Billings you could stay here if you need a place to stay on your way through

I'm not sure at this point that I ever will do Sturgis. Just too many people for me. I'd like to go check it out for a day or so but stay someplace a hour or so away so I don't have to put up with the noise.

Thanks for the offer.

I'm not sure at this point that I ever will do Sturgis. Just too many people for me. I'd like to go check it out for a day or so but stay someplace a hour or so away so I don't have to put up with the noise.

Thanks for the offer.
1977 was the first time I was there. There probably wasn't 2,000 people there in 14 days. It crazy now I wouldn't go but its lots of fun and lots to see. 60 miles out of Billings is Redlodge where the Cook City highway starts, it's some of the best riding out there your on top of the world it goes up to Yellowstone Park then Cody Wyoming then over to Sturgis and back around to Billings or wherever won't to go if you ever go, go early or go late.

Reactions: Wildman
1977 was the first time I was there. There probably wasn't 2,000 people there in 14 days. It crazy now I wouldn't go but its lots of fun and lots to see. 60 miles out of Billings is Redlodge where the Cook City highway starts, it's some of the best riding out there your on top of the world it goes up to Yellowstone Park then Cody Wyoming then over to Sturgis and back around to Billings or wherever won't to go if you ever go, go early or go late.

I went thru Redlodge on my way up to Glacier NP. I dropped down to Cody and then came up over Black Bear pass and it was Aug and still only 44* outside. Had my first bird strike on a bike too. Top of the pass I stopped to take the bird off.

20190817_094003.jpg

20190817_094039.jpg

I bought the bike with 6400 miles on it in June 2019 and this was Aug 2019.

20190818_082712.jpg

20190818_082730.jpg

It turned 10K mile right at this road sign.

Ok Im hooked. I spent time over two days reading through this thread. First of all, @Wildman you are a true Patriot and I thank you. Side note my son is currently active duty in the Navy. Hooyah. After checking out so many cool rides I feel it’s time to share. I’ll show you the two Motorcycles i currently own and one bicycle that I recently accumulated.

First off is the ‘11 Electra Glide. That’s our new Cadillac I always dreamed of. The wife and I can get out and ride all day without a sore ass or sore back. Picked it up Summer ‘19 before Ben left for boot camp so we could ride Harleys together.

To make a long story long, what Harley did he ride you ask? He now whenever he wants rides my favorite child, the shovelhead. Purchased in ‘96 the wife and I rode it from the Church to our wedding reception and I’ll say we have put a shot ton of hours on it since. So there’s a shot of the shovel alone and one from June ‘00 when we tied the know. And of course there’s one of Ben and I heading out together when he was home on leave recently.

I gotta admit two wheelers have always played a larger part in my family’s fun much more than Jeeps 🤷‍♂️

I’ll share the bicycle soon.

F493A358-077A-47D4-AA72-D54EAD3E7AA6.jpeg

46DB9772-3F9A-481A-8BA4-CEDD78FA3B8B.jpeg

3AD515AF-A61A-4AAD-8B03-666D7ADAFFE6.jpeg

FC1AA5B0-D0AE-4291-AD94-4FB13B0FCF22.jpeg

Weasellee,
Nice looking scoots and great stories and pictures. Love the wedding shot and I'll bet that was a fun ride.
Being able to ride with your kids is even better. My son & I have never had that but my daughter is a true rider and she loves her bike.

Thanks for joining us here in the 2 wheeled thread. Keep sharing.

And thank you for the kind words. Hope your son enjoys his time in uniform and stays safe.

I’ve been wanting to get back in the bike game for a while now… Only have owned a 2013 ninja 250, but rode many more. Want to get something with a more upright seating position, and something my gf might be ok with riding on the back of.

The new xsr700 is killer looking and really has my eye… but I’ve got a few other things I’ve got to take care of before a new bike happens.

1624903862431.jpeg

Reactions: Ron505
Well I know I should be ashamed and I guess I might be a little but I've been dealing with other issues this spring/summer up til now so I FINALLY got my bike out of the garage and gave it a bath first. Got to go to the VA in Seattle tomorrow and Tuesday so I'm going to ride the bike over instead of driving my truck over.

20210711_134557.jpg

20210711_134625.jpg

Got it's first bath of the year and I still have more detailing I need to do but need to wait for the sun to get on the other side of the house.

20210711_141732.jpg

While we were at it my daughter washed her bike too.

20210711_134602.jpg

No longer on two wheels, riding a CanAm Spyder after decades on a Harley, but just got back from a trip.

Left home with 2 others (Chino Valley, AZ) on June 26th headed for Keystone, SD. Headed up past 4 Corners through Durango (first night), over Wolf Creek Pass to Loveland, CO (second night). Arrived in Keystone early afternoon, and met up with 2 other friends. Spent the week riding the Hills. The following Saturday everyone headed out. All headed home but me. I was off to NE Nebraska to see friends that I hadn't seen in a very long time. Spent 3 days visiting different ones, then off to Wathena, KS to see a couple more. After a couple of days there I figured I better head home. Three hot days crossing Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico. Then finally to Arizona where I was welcomed to 100 degree weather. All told 3629 miles. Averaged 34.4 MPG. I don't baby it, but also don't beat it either. Usually stick to 5MPH over limit, But did hit 92 passing a truck on the freeway.

Since this was my first ride for 2021 I took my daughter down to Roslyn, WA and went to the Brick Saloon & Grill which was first opened in 1889. They have the BEST french dip in the area and it's my favorite meal when I go there. For those who don't know Roslyn is the town they used for the TV show Northern Exposure.

20210711_181651.jpg

20210711_181720.jpg

20210711_181937.jpg

20210711_182015.jpg

So this followed me home yesterday.
51371420046_df1c40510f_z.jpg

It started life as a 1975 CB750F. Somewhere in the nineties, a guy bought it with a dead engine and did the conversion with the B&S boxer with a Tower Lawnmower transmission. He sold it to his buddy in '02 before he passed. I bought it from the buddy for $50 just so it didn't end up scrapped. It's all there and needs some TLC. Another winter project.

Nice, brings back memories. Here's my first street bike that I had in High School. '79 CB750K. It later got drag bars and a new header/exhaust system.

View attachment 270165
I loved the way those bikes looked coming at you in a turn with the pjpes-there is a nice one a guy still rides in the Guntersville area.

Oh man, just stumbled upon this thread and I'll have to go back and read it all, but here's one of my projects, a '77 BMW R100S airhead:

2luJ3ti.png

It belonged to my best friend of 30+ years who unfortunately decided to take his own life a couple years ago. I'd be perfectly happy riding it as it sat, but he always wanted to turn it into a scrambler and I intend to see that through even though the beemer purists will hate me for it.

Here's a mockup idea of what the end result should roughly be:

YiKRFAa.png

And this is my '97 KX250 that I have entirely too much fun on but don't ride nearly often enough:

mXXVLnY.jpg

edit: more pics and some context

Last edited:
Did a ride a couple weekends ago with my younger brothers group to Pocono Mountain HD then to Pocono Raceway.
They split us into 2 groups of around 300 bikes each and did 3 laps around the track. Had a blast there and can’t wait until next year to go again.
Only took a couple of pics. Waiting to start with my brother and another guy from his group. Only pic of me was someone else I found was taping the ride around the track. I’m on the right lol.

4523C1DE-A7E2-4B7C-BC38-EC42517E2565.jpeg

84A42A33-FF3B-48A1-BF70-EBAE332C880A.jpeg

5B1F3688-1200-4C98-9A2B-B1B96D4722B6.png

Reactions: Alex01 and Ron505
We were in the Smokey Mountains again a couple of weeks ago. This is up on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

20210727_141935.jpg

My wife is nuckin futs! This was on the Tail of the Dragon/ Deals Gap. No way I would ride on the back with anyone going as fast as we go!
2018-08-04_17-23-41.jpg

We were in the Smokey Mountains again a couple of weeks ago. This is up on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

View attachment 270226

My wife is nuckin futs! This was on the Tail of the Dragon/ Deals Gap. No way I would ride on the back with anyone going as fast as we go!
View attachment 270227
That’s one crazy road. I’ve never been there but my one son goes every year with friends in their Miata’s. They just got back on Monday.

Reactions: Ron505