For all of us with two wheels also

FB_IMG_1634066942205-XL.jpg

Because we aren't always the sharpest tools in the shed. ;)
View attachment 294031
About 37 years ago, for some reason, I moved from California to South Dakota. I picked up a '67 Triumph Bonneville, and the Harley guys that I worked with thought it was cool enough to let me hang out with them. As it got into autumn and the days got colder, it became a matter of bragging rights as to who had the balls to ride in that morning. Come one November morning, I rode in and it started to flurry as I rode into town. As I pulled into the parking lot, one of the guys said "That's snow, California!"
Fortunately, no real accumulation and it stopped well before the shift ended.

I'm the only one that ever rode into work, whether via bicycle, moto, or hack. I bicycled in one very cold morning, like 10F, and one of the smokers was standing outside, sucking on his habit. Told me I was nuts. I just replied that I'm sweating, not the one standing outside shivering.

I've only ever had one Harley guy give me crap about that rig. He got shut down by another Harley guy before I could open my mouth.

Nice. What does it weigh? It looks like it is very light.
~28 lbs give or take. Santa Cruz aren’t the lightest, but they are a lot stronger than the ones that are. This one is also a longer travel bike at 150mm front and rear. An XC bike at 100mm would probably also be lighter. I like this one particularly because it climbs well enough on most any trail but is also enough bike to hit 40 foot jumps on “A-line” at Whistler.

• Wow
Reactions: Ron505 and Wildman
Great bike, essentially the little brother to mine. 5010 is 130mm, the Bronson is 150mm and 1 degree slacker head tube. Is it the purple one in your second picture?
Yes it’s the purple one. He now has a fox 36 150mm Kashima coating. My hardtail has a 64.5 HTA running 27.5x3.0 tires. A little heavy but it’s fun.

Reactions: TRE3TOP