For all of us with two wheels also

How I got to my Jeep via 2002 KLR650 thumper pig for love of adventure riding.
Now I ride vintage bikes with spokes only.

View attachment 297047
I miss my Husky TE630, sort of. Though it was far more capable offroad than I was, it was a finicky beast. I've been eye-balling a KLR or DR650, but to be honest, I think I'd rather be in the Jeep. Getting old sucks.

death valley_1.jpg

Last edited:
I miss my Husky TE630, sort of. Though it was far more capable offroad than I was, it was a finicky best. I've been eye-balling a KLR or DR650, but to be honest, I think I'd rather be in the Jeep. Getting old sucks.

View attachment 299168

The Husky TE650 is a beast and very light. I'm not sure if you will like the KLR650. It is very heavy and very slow 32 hp. I was leaning towards adventure riding so not much off roading and was limited to fire roads and dirt trails. I found the weight to be the biggest issue off roading single tracks. Like my Adventure riding days my Jeep is a heavy slow Overlander rig and not a rock crawler.

Well guys, finally getting back on 2 wheels!

I sold my ‘79 low rider and my cafe-custom ‘72 Honda 750 back in the late 80’s cuz a growing family needed the money, and they all wouldn’t fit on the bike! 🤣

But now I’m retired and I’m getting all my bucket list items in order, and that demands 2 wheels to compliment my vehicle inventory.

I’ve wanted a Sportster since I was 16. I really wanted a stock 1965 XLCH, but I don’t want something to work on. Or kick start with my bum right knee!

So this is what I got

View attachment 299160

2006 Roadster with spoke wheels. Mostly stock.

The PO re-jetted the carb, swapped the cams, and put a cushier seat on it, and 1” longer rear shocks on it.

Really looking forward to getting my head in the wind again this spring. 😸
That’s nice

Reactions: Modoc Guy
Super Glide reminds me of my Low Rider, only a different tank.

Nice scoots!
Yes I remember in 1980 when I bought my super glide looking at the low rider however it was a few hundred dollars more at the time I paid 4750 out the door at the time , A low rider was going to put me just over 5000 wish I could have bought them both

Today was my 10th annual Polar Bear Ride.
51792260421_6f07dd8294_z.jpg

Yeah, yeah, three wheels. I've heard it all before. ;) No way was I taking out the now 43 year old Honda on a shitty day like today. Temp started out at 28F and went downhill from there. Several inches of snow on tap. Rode 52 miles. Cold toes and snot ran across my face. Managed to get my ass back in the couch about a half hour before the snow hit.

As a former long distance cyclist, I could take umbrage with your post, having been clobbered from behind while riding 2 feet to the right of the fog line on a 4 foot wide shoulder. But as a former cycling instructor, there's a lot of truth to it. Wanting to choke students who blew through stops and red lights in class caused me to throw up my hands, flip them all off, and walk away.

Before.
2126455207_4c162b0c0f_3k.jpg

After.
2126454247_e3faaca1f7_3k.jpg

Reactions: Ron505
As a former long distance cyclist, I could take umbrage with your post, having been clobbered from behind while riding 2 feet to the right of the fog line on a 4 foot wide shoulder. But as a former cycling instructor, there's a lot of truth to it. Wanting to choke students who blew through stops and red lights in class caused me to throw up my hands, flip them all off, and walk away.

Before.
View attachment 300384

After.
View attachment 300385

I would agree that there are both types of cyclists but the same can be said for motorcyclists. Being in the PNW where for some reason cycling has become a major hobby and living in the country where we are lucky to have a 1' shoulder there are a lot of those who think they OWN the road type.

And as we all know the distracted driver is now 100 times worse than it use to be so it isn't safe for either type of 2 wheeled transport.

Yup. Those riders are my bane. A little courtesy goes a long way. I used to stress in my course that one asshole made all of us look bad to other road users.
The invitational bicycle rides I looked forward to in the 80s and early 90s I want no part of now. Too many 'me, me, me' folks for my taste. Myself, I tend avoid groups, bicycle or motorcycle, with more than four riders. Anything over that and I tend to bail.
Here in the NE Illannoy sticks, most of the secondary roads have no shoulders. State and Federal will have at least a 2 shoulder'. My riding buds are all city guys from Chicago or near 'burbs but took it to heart right quick about single file on the back roads with the first farm semi that went by.

Although my wreck was almost 15 years ago, I still tense up when I hear a vehicle coming up behind me.

Reactions: Wildman