For all of us with two wheels also

I ride a KTM 250 XCW , rode a 300 for years and may be back on one in February. Auto clutches , narrow bars and tight Tennessee woods gets my blood going .

Love the thread , OP your daughter is beautiful and you have my sincere respect.

Andy G

Andy,
Thank you and being a dad with a beautiful daughter I have my hands full. But she can take care of herself. She's a little spoiled but is a good kid too.

Edit: Just a quick add to this. I've got snow on the ground and it is coming down right now. So it will be a few months before I am back on two wheels. I've got to NOT spend money on my bike this year and instead get my Jeep back on the trail & road.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyG
14B57C93-D6A2-4300-BEE6-A69DA2BB7236.jpeg

Two friends and I getting ready to head out. The guy taking the photo has the blue Sporty 1200 in the front. I own the red Fat Bob in the middle (I’m giving the thumbs-up approval), and another friend owns the Triumph in the back (the guy wearing the helmet).

Took an MSA course through Harley with two friends (the guy taking the photo and another friend who is not in this picture). As a congratulatory gift to myself for paying off my student loans, I snapped up my Fat Bob a month after getting my motorcycle certification.

I surprised my dad, also a Harley guy, by riding to my parents' house on Father's Day. My mom was less than enthused about my new hobby. :D

Reactions: Chris
With the jeep currently down, I rode into work this morning. The bike was not happy about the cold and neither was I. 21° this morning but it is supposed to warm up to 50 this afternoon with high winds.

2007 Honda Goldwing. This will be my last of many motorcycles and my third Goldwing. Most likely will be up for sale in the spring. Co-pilot in the background.

E17BE502-82A6-450A-83C6-F7F59C7F73A1.jpeg

The bike was not happy about the cold and neither was I. 21° this morning but it is supposed to warm up to 50 this afternoon with high winds.

More power to the folks who can endure cold weather riding. We had a 300 mile day trip in October last year. The service at a restaurant we stopped at for lunch had painfully slow service. As a result, I spent the last 45 minutes of the return trip freezing my ass off; the sun went down and temperatures followed suit.

The rest of the ride was a lot of fun, but my fingers were tingly by the end.

More power to the folks who can endure cold weather riding. We had a 300 mile day trip in October last year. The service at a restaurant we stopped at for lunch had painfully slow service. As a result, I spent the last 45 minutes of the return trip freezing my ass off; the sun went down and temperatures followed suit.

I'm definitely a fair weather rider anymore. Today is miserable. I went out to pick up the seal I need to get the jeep back on the road and was shivering in the first mile at 35 degrees. In my younger days I was riding rain snow or shine. I remember leaving home for a weekend in college, I was riding in a ground blizzard. Literally snow blowing and high winds (dry roads). Stupid really. But I was loving it and had heated grips at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeffreybomb
Ha, I can't tolerate riding in the cold weather, that's for sure. I've tried it all, but I just can't do it. I can handle the heat (if I'm moving), but cold? No way.

Reactions: tworley
I think so, but I'm not 100% sure. We very rarely get to 100° here in the Midwest, so I don't have to worry much about it.

@Chris over there, however, is heading to a place where grass has a hard time growing! :D

• Haha

Every New Years Day I do an annual Polar Bear Ride. This year, upper 20s. Last year, mid thirties. 2017, though, -10F. My cold hearted Russian Commie Bastard rig wasn’t even happy on that ride.
As I can ride year round on the Ural, I dress accordingly. Layers with the outer being wind proof. Boots rated to -25F, wool socks, and a under helmet balaclava with a long neck to tuck inside my jacket. I also have Oxford heated grips with muffs to keep the nose pickers warm. Those have four settings; I thought I turned these on, I feel a little something, HOTHOTHOT, and third degree. My feet will still get cold with the wool socks and boots, just not as quickly.

The Swedish Military MC outfit for 2017. Ya need help getting back up if you fall down.
32029892065_46dbc08dd0.jpg

My cold weather gear has greatly improved since then.

Oh my! I'm new to this forum and just started looking at threads other than TJ stuff. My background is motorcycles, 40 years worth. Wildman here are a couple Buells for you, my brother and I on a trip in the Smokey's. I'll be back here for sure.
View attachment 143033
Those are some nice bikes 😍

1582941167717.png

I know where that picture was taken. if you want a real adventure, keep following that road to the other end. The last 6 miles are dirt. You come out on Hanging Dog Road near Andrews.

Reactions: kanur
I miss my Buell but am not sure how well I could ride it with my prosthetic. Not saying if I still had it that I sure wouldn't give it a heck of a run.
Maybe one day I'll find another Lightning that I can fix up and cruise on..... They are fun bikes.

Last edited:
Reactions: kanur
I used to ride a 92 CBR F2. Had it as my only means of transportation for a few years. By the time I junked it I had put 75k on.

228584_6255147355_7143_n.jpg

00_296_19603227355_4370_n.jpg

00_13759_217102697355_7015224_n.jpg

I don't really ride anymore. But....I have a Ducati project in my garage I'm working on. It's a 998 with a 1098 engine. The engine has only 1200 original miles. Had to get a custom airbox to mate the 1098 engine and the 998 tank. Still working out the bugs.

DSCN0186 resize.JPG

side.jpg

dash.jpg

I have a crap ton of carbon fiber, a Redbull racing kit, several tanks, and misc parts from various 748, 998, and 1098 that I'm using to make it look nice. Then, to paint. Fuck I have too many projects.......

Thanks Guys. I've been to the dirt road but never to the end. I've heard it used to open to off roading. I've also paddled the Tellico several times.

We both say those are the bikes we most regret selling. In the mountains that S3 was a third gear bike from 10 mph to 60mph. Super easy and fun to ride. I'm just more of a dirt/dual sport rider.
IMG_0539.JPG

Reactions: Wildman
I used to ride a 92 CBR F2. Had it as my only means of transportation for a few years. By the time I junked it I had put 75k on.

View attachment 143044
View attachment 143046
View attachment 143047

I don't really ride anymore. But....I have a Ducati project in my garage I'm working on. It's a 998 with a 1098 engine. The engine has only 1200 original miles. Had to get a custom airbox to mate the 1098 engine and the 998 tank. Still working out the bugs.

View attachment 143049
View attachment 143050
View attachment 143051

I have a crap ton of carbon fiber, a Redbull racing kit, several tanks, and misc parts from various 748, 998, and 1098 that I'm using to make it look nice. Then, to paint. Fuck I have too many projects.......
What’s that other Ducati in the background?

Okay, here's some of my past motorcycles:

My 2002 Ducati 998S

View attachment 95149

My 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R

View attachment 95150

My 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R:

View attachment 95151

My 2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000:

View attachment 95152

My 2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory:

View attachment 95153

My 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory:

View attachment 95159

My 2005 Ducati 999R:

View attachment 95154

My 2017 Indian Scout ABS:

View attachment 95156

My 2014 Harley Nightster:

View attachment 95158

My 2017 Harley Forty Eight:

View attachment 95160

My 2009 Yamaha R1:

View attachment 95161

I've also owned a number of bikes not shown including a 1997 Ducati 916, a 2002 GSX-R 1000, a Triumph 675R, a 1999 Ducati 996, and many others!
Sweet bikes, your tastes are varied.