For all of us with two wheels also

Hold out for a 996/998 vs the 748.

748s are fun to ride, but not nearly as fun as the larger displacement Ducs. My wallet would suffer from speeding tickets if I had a bigger bike.

Bud wants me to buy his 1098

View attachment 144127

Yes, I've ridden the 996 and the 748. The 996 is definitely my first choice, but in my older age I've gotten a lot slower! Lol!!
I've been quite content with my VFRs the last couple of years. My 4th gen VFR750 is probably my most favorite. It's the oldest and smallest bike I own, but it's my favorite to ride. Just something about it, I really love riding it.

Reactions: Thatguy
Currently I have just over 1,000,000 miles on street bikes.
Latest has sat in the garage for about 4 years, 2006 BMW K1200LT with matching Unigo trailer.
Had 1 1999 K1200LT, Sold it with about 225,000 miles. Been hoping for time to rebuild the fuel system on the 2006. Wish I could find some pictures, I know they are around some where, I archived them off to DVD / CD years ago, but 600+ Discs is taking a while to go through.
I did find a shot of the 1999 K1200LT...

99_K1200LTC.jpg

Yea, that SuperDuke 1290 R is freaking awesome! I was going to pick up a SuperDuke, but ended up buying the Ducati Diavel instead.
I'm pretty sure this summer I'm going to trade the Diavel in on an Adventure Sport.
I agree, and they made it even better for 2020! I need to go test ride one to see how I like it. I was considering a Diavel as well, but that SuperDuke is something else!

Reactions: GorillaBiscuit
Yes, I've ridden the 996 and the 748. The 996 is definitely my first choice, but in my older age I've gotten a lot slower! Lol!!
I've been quite content with my VFRs the last couple of years. My 4th gen VFR750 is probably my most favorite. It's the oldest and smallest bike I own, but it's my favorite to ride. Just something about it, I really love riding it.

Did you see the photos of my 998 or my 999R?

Did you see the photos of my 998 or my 999R?

No, I don't remember if I did or not. Are they posted in this thread? I'll go back thru and look.
But yea, if you get a chance to ride a Diavel I think you'll have a blast! Mine is stupid fast and ridiculously fun to ride! Lol
I'll have to try and find a dealership that will let me test drive a 2020 SuperDuke. I love those damn bikes too!! 🤣
I'm seriously addicted to two wheels. Lol

@Chris , found the pics!
That 999 is AMAZING! I love that 998 too!!
I'm just absolutely crazy about Ducati!

Yep, I miss both of them. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have sold them. However, those things are unbelievably uncomfortable to ride anywhere other than a track, that's for sure. I love Ducatis and Aprilias and have owned countless numbers of both :)

No, I don't remember if I did or not. Are they posted in this thread? I'll go back thru and look.
But yea, if you get a chance to ride a Diavel I think you'll have a blast! Mine is stupid fast and ridiculously fun to ride! Lol
I'll have to try and find a dealership that will let me test drive a 2020 SuperDuke. I love those damn bikes too!! 🤣
I'm seriously addicted to two wheels. Lol

I have yet to ride a Dial, but I really need to. I'll tell you what, if you get a chance to ride a new Indian Scout ABS model, go do it. I rode one of those before buying it and was blown away. It's a cruiser but it has the grunt and handling of something far more sporty, believe me.

After riding it I came away wondering how they managed to build a bike with cruiser comfort but sporty power and handling. I'm really impressed to say the least.

Like you, I am addicted to two wheels.

20170819_130405.jpg

My one and only Ducati! It's the only one I have, so it's the only one I can post a pic of! Lol!!
2015 Ducati Diavel White Star Carbon Edition with the full Termignoni performance package! She's 1000% beast mode!
@Chris ,I will DEFINITELY go and check out the new Scout! There's an Indian dealer not far from me. I do like the Scouts quite a bit!
I love my current bikes, but because I'm not as young as I used to be, and my lower back is held together with pins and screws, I just can't ride nearly as long as I want to. I really am looking for something I can ride without being in agony after an hour or so.
20170819_130405.jpg

View attachment 144143
My one and only Ducati! It's the only one I have, so it's the only one I can post a pic of! Lol!!
2015 Ducati Diavel White Star Carbon Edition with the full Termignoni performance package! She's 1000% beast mode!
@Chris ,I will DEFINITELY go and check out the new Scout! There's an Indian dealer not far from me. I do like the Scouts quite a bit!
I love my current bikes, but because I'm not as young as I used to be, and my lower back is held together with pins and screws, I just can't ride nearly as long as I want to. I really am looking for something I can ride without being in agony after an hour or so. View attachment 144143
Switch to dirt, it keeps you young

i’ll be 50 in a few wks, im actually one of the youngest in our group. All of the old farts are retired A riders that still haul ass

I really dislike riding on the road, too many variables nowadays. I prefer to take my chances in the trees, they dont text
View attachment 144145View attachment 144144View attachment 144147View attachment 144146

Growing up in the city, I never got to ride dirt bikes. The only dirt bikes I've ever ridden have been the ones I fixed or PDI'd when I was a Honda tech. That's another reason I'm very seriously buying an Adventure Sport, so I can finally do a little bit of off road two wheel riding and see what I've been missing.

View attachment 144143
I love my current bikes, but because I'm not as young as I used to be, and my lower back is held together with pins and screws, I just can't ride nearly as long as I want to. I really am looking for something I can ride without being in agony after an hour or so. View attachment 144143

Fantastic looking Diavel!

You'll love the Scout, I promise. It's as comfortable as they come, but once you ride it you'll see what I mean about it looking and feeling like a cruiser but behaving like a much more sporty bike. In comparison, I had a Harley Sportster, and the Scout puts it to shame in every way imaginable.

I think once you ride one, you'll probably be sold. It's an amazing bike that breaks the mold for what a cruiser can be.

I'll tell you what, this new Ducati Diavel 1260 S really has my attention!

https://www.ducati.com/us/en/bikes/diavel/diavel-1260

Fantastic looking Diavel!

You'll love the Scout, I promise. It's as comfortable as they come, but once you ride it you'll see what I mean about it looking and feeling like a cruiser but behaving like a much more sporty bike. In comparison, I had a Harley Sportster, and the Scout puts it to shame in every way imaginable.

I think once you ride one, you'll probably be sold. It's an amazing bike that breaks the mold for what a cruiser can be.

I'll tell you what, this new Ducati Diavel 1260 S really has my attention!

https://www.ducati.com/us/en/bikes/diavel/diavel-1260

Yes! The new 1260's are sick!! My buddy also has a 2015 Diavel, and we've been giggling like school girls drooling over them. Lol!
I also had a Sportster back a few years ago, I really loved that bike. It's the only Harley I sold that I actually miss. It was a blast to ride, a little small for me, but I didn't care! Lol

Yes! The new 1260's are sick!! My buddy also has a 2015 Diavel, and we've been giggling like school girls drooling over them. Lol!
I also had a Sportster back a few years ago, I really loved that bike. It's the only Harley I sold that I actually miss. It was a blast to ride, a little small for me, but I didn't care! Lol

Yes, the Sportster is indeed small. The Scout is much bigger, but you wouldn't know it from the way it handles, which is one of the things that blew me away.

As for the 1260 S, I think this picture says it all:

2020-Ducati-Diavel-1260S1.jpg

Growing up in the city, I never got to ride dirt bikes. The only dirt bikes I've ever ridden have been the ones I fixed or PDI'd when I was a Honda tech. That's another reason I'm very seriously buying an Adventure Sport, so I can finally do a little bit of off road two wheel riding and see what I've been missing.
ADV bikes are a different breed. IMO they are too heavy for any dirt riding, yet guys still ride them there. 500lbs vs 250lbs

I need to sell my 690 because its too much bike for where i like to ride, it wants to kill me. 70ish hp in a 300lb bike, It makes my 748 seem like a Vespa

ADV bikes are a different breed. IMO they are too heavy for any dirt riding, yet guys still ride them there. 500lbs vs 250lbs

I need to sell my 690 because its too much bike for where i like to ride, it wants to kill me. 70ish hp in a 300lb bike, It makes my 748 seem like a Vespa

Yea, I know they are not exactly dirt bikes, but I have this fantasy of riding up tall and comfortable and being able get off of the pavement and do some light trail or mild off roading. I'm sure It's delusions of grandeur I guess, but I've been wanting one for the last couple of years. I think if I find a good deal I might really get one this year.