For all of us with two wheels also

1661481607020.png

It's new pusher tire time for the Ural. I ride year round in N. Illannoy and that means 4-5 months of shitty winter weather. Could be snow, could be mud. My go to tire of choice is the Duro HF307 in a 4.00-19 size. It's a mildly aggressive knobby. Thanks to supply chain issues, that tire is nigh impossible to find now. I did locate two but I'm not paying $130 for a $65 tire. Other options are a Heidenau (very spendy) or an Avon (OMG spendy) or a Kenda K760 (more than the Duro but not stroke inducing). I opted for the Kenda.

Man, that is one serious knobby tire.
KIMG0251.JPG

I'm doing the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail, aka, the TWAT, to Lake Superior next month and much of it is unpaved once I get north of the Wisconsin River. Having grown up there, the sand roads can get a bit soft at times. A buddy did it on his V-strom with street tires and vowed to never do it on a street bike again.

Glad I had an extra wheel.
WwOkyPQ.jpg

This Kenda tire has been an absolute bear to mount. Very stiff sidewall. Even though it’s the metric equivalent, 100/90-19, to 4.00-19, the tire casing is slightly smaller so all of my damn tubes are too big. I threw in the towel about noon and ordered different tubes. Then I put Mrs. Cheesy and Buster in the DeSoto and we did a cheeseburger run.
CrKUcQ1l.jpg

The '22 BMW K1600 Grand America is the first production motorcycle available with Hydro dipped paint! The graphics used are the same for each bike but because the body parts are hand dipped no two bikes are exactly the same.
1f60e.png

1661731260263.png

Reactions: Ron505
Finally got that SOB Kenda mounted.
KIMG0255.JPG

I haven't pinched a tube while mounting a tire in three years. I pinched two on Saturday.

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman