For those of you sheltering in place, are you working on your Jeep projects?

Im changing my front brakes with bmb, new master cylinders and rebuild the calipers. Will have to anneal the copper washers since all the autoparts stores will be closed until further notice, only gas stations are open. So things like brake fluid, brake cleaner, etc. is available. At least rock auto is still working

I'm a pharmacist and the pharmacy I run is in a supermarket. I'm considered an essential employee at an essential business so not much down time for me. However, still giving attention to the TJ on my days off. Just finished complete frame, skid plate, bumper and tow hitch clean up and paint, changed out the rusted gas tank skid, cycled the suspension, installed new Ranchos and changed the differential oil, trans and transfer case fluid. I ordered all of the parts and supplies little by little over the winter so I had everything on hand without needing to go out.

With all that's going on, it's a nice distraction from the day to day. It's nice to focus on something other than the news reports.

Jeep stuff yes like my engine skid but mostly trying to find time to pull a 2.0 Fsi out of an Audi. Also, house stuff such as a dog door, painting.

I've got my list. Going to wait out the wife. Both my wife and I are considered critical industry and I've yet to get my VPN from work fixed so I'm still half in the field and half in the office. When I get to telecommute, I'll likely see what I can get away with. Over the weekend I mostly cleaned the house and took walks with the family.

full cooling system flush and rebuild (radiator was leaking) from the water pump to the radiator all rebuilt with Mopar replacements. Removed crappy trans and steering cooler from PO and replaced with PSC dual cooler. Installed what few of my Savvy parts have arrived (tailgate skin and rear valance)... still waiting on front and rear bumpers.

Gathering parts for re-gear to 5.38... yeah, more jeep stuff is getting done at my place this spring. Main reason being is all of my fishing tournaments have been cancelled for April and half of May (possibly longer)

Also on the docket is to re-plumb and un-cobble my OBA plumbing, wire up remote winch controller, and turkey hunt!

Today I replaced my radiator, added another interior hard top tie down bolt, had it washed thoroughly under and over, then waxed it, & vacuumed and polished the inside.

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

NY Govenor issued a 'lockdown'. WTF! I'm pretty sure the last time the government forced people in their home was when the Redcoats were coming. This is some sort of global power grab type of thing. The Illuminati finally coming out.

No sheltering for me, its business as usual, except with more hand sanitizer. Although I do like the social distancing thing, I've been doing it for years.
Same for me, we have slowed down about 15% so not much. Just trying to stay away from people in general, as my wife is considered high risk since she went through Chemo last year. Take care everyone we WILL get thru this

Installing a No-Slip locker in the Dana 30 and spicer u-joints in the front axles. And depending how long this goes on I may order up and install a SYE.

Reactions: jazngab
We're still trucking along. For how long, still not 100% sure. As to the jeep, an oil change will take place tonight or tomorrow and will get the stahlbus valve installed. This weekend I plan on repairing the passenger side middle torque box and getting the Savvy engine skid installed.

I set my toe-in after doing the ZJ upgrade last Friday. I ordered M.O.R.E 1.5" MML, Savvy 1.25" BL, new Body Mount bushings and bought a set of Rubicon Rocker guards off of CL. Once all materials arrive I will get down to it. Next new sneakers. The sidewalls are started to crack on these cheap ass Walmart tires that came with my Ravine wheels I bought off of CL.
Lou

Got kicked out of my (on campus) apartment and school has gone all online due to the pandemic, so back to the parents house == lots of garage time.

Got all my ZJ steering parts in the mail but no dust boot with the new drag link so install is postponed until I can get out and pick one up.