For those of you sheltering in place, are you working on your Jeep projects?

Whelp. Add Washington State to the mandatory “stay at home” list.

The problem I'm now seeing w/ living in the mountains....all the "city folk" are flocking here to avoid (give us) the crap.
They're renting up all the air b&b's, and we just got our first case yesterday (Prb from the woman from New York that just bought $2k of groceries in one shot).
Schools in NC are now closed until May 15th.
I'll be under the TJ when it's not raining and remoding the house when it is.
Stay well everybody!

I have been told I will be off work for 4-6 weeks. I hope to get a few things done on my off road camping trailer, raised TC skid, trans and engine skid and some new coil springs.

I forgot to add this if time allows.

20200324_103723.jpg

I'm mostly working on my 35-mile move, but it's created a Jeep project for me.

We got 14" of snow the day we were trying to move in. I had thrown my back out so I was not able to shovel snow, and the next day, my wife backed out of the garage, slid off our off camber driveway and buried her 4runner up to the frame. During my recovery attempts, I was in the 4runner at the end of my Jeep's winch rope (to keep me from sliding further down the hill into a tree, and my wife decided to "help" with the winch...which killed my battery because the Jeep was off so it could be in gear.

So far I've charged the battery, but even turning lights on (most of which are LED) drags the voltage down below 11, so I did my best to avoid people and went out to buy a new battery last night 15 minutes before Walmart closed.

If you plan to order any parts, especially if they are being drop shipped from the manufacturer, you better do it now. I just ran into an issue with getting my no-slip locker. Depending on the states a lot of companies are being shut down due to the virus.

I don't have the TJ any more, but I still have Jeep projects. Going to put some new headlights in my husband's JKU and I am waiting on my Ram mount to arrive tomorrow so I can install it in my JL. That, and cleaning up the yard after winter and start seedlings for the garden. At least I live in the country. I'd hate to be under this stay at home and be in the city. Good luck everyone(y)

The problem I'm now seeing w/ living in the mountains....all the "city folk" are flocking here to avoid (give us) the crap.
They're renting up all the air b&b's, and we just got our first case yesterday (Prb from the woman from New York that just bought $2k of groceries in one shot).
Schools in NC are now closed until May 15th.
I'll be under the TJ when it's not raining and remoding the house when it is.
Stay well everybody!
Yes I hear New Yorkers are flocking to FL to escape...that could cause big problems down there.

I'm in the essential category (wastewater and Ag irrigation) so working. Over the weekend I put a new carb in one of my saws and dropped two very large dead oaks so they'd be on the ground before the trees leaf out and the oak wilt risk is higher. I'm pretty good at dropping trees but I have to say I was particularly aware that I did not want an accident that would require hospital care. My projects list is long with finishing a kayak trailer, jeep stuff, tree work up, etc. but I count my lucky stars I am salary, employed, and healthy. Folks in agriculture rarely get paid what those outside of it do yet we are rarely out of work because no matter how bad the economy has cycled since I've been on/around farms (since the 1960's) —-people need to eat.

Like someone posted above--while the nearest known case of Covid is 40 miles away I have a lake cottage that I rent out on a weekly basis and I am sure leery of renting it and bringing Covid into my community or cleaning it. If I chose not to rent it there goes $1700/week average. Passed on 3 already.

Full doors sound deadened, new seals, and door panel cracks repaired. Next up is idle air sensor, throttle body sensor, intake manifold gasket, and DEI fuel rail insulation kit.

Installed a new to me Poison Spyder back bumper my neighbor sold me cheap, a new door switch on the Son's XJ. Waiting to have my unit bearings and axle u-joints refreshed by my mechanic buddy. Just a few projects.

Using this time to work on my YJ “restocrawler.”

Ordered a 3.5” chromoly Spider 9 rear axle housing with full float ends, a fill cap/bung, and had it all welded up true.

Purchased a GM 6.0 LS engine. Took delivery of that today.

Ordered a ProEagle Jack.

Still hunting for a transmission for it while in between travel. I need to order an Atlas. Sucks if Advanced Adapters is closed.

Replaced the rotors and calipers on my daily driven YJ. Need to order a fix for the windshield header next and knock that out.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Using this time to work on my YJ “restocrawler.”

Ordered a 3.5” chromoly Spider 9 rear axle housing with full float ends, a fill cap/bung, and had it all welded up true.

Purchased a GM 6.0 LS engine. Took delivery of that today.

Ordered a ProEagle Jack.

Still hunting for a transmission for it while in between travel. I need to order an Atlas. Sucks if Advanced Adapters is closed.

Replaced the rotors and calipers on my daily driven YJ. Need to order a fix for the windshield header next and knock that out.

Howdy
doesn't sound you’re too busy,
could you plan on making a “DETOUR” and gimme a hand pleeease
😂
just Kidding of course !

Ps:
we’re increasingly getting hit with more virus cases in our neck of the woods

Dawson Creek
“MILE ZERO ALASKA HIGHWAY”

—•|||||•—👋🏿