For you manual jeepers i have a question

Blackout

TJ Enthusiast
Hello, i am currently stumped trying to figure out what this is before i drop my transmission. Or if it is really something to worry about, my clutch pedal when i drive my jeep for a bit and everything warms up when i push down on the pedal or release it, i get this creaking sound. Im attaching a video of it, the sound is coming from my bellhousing. I am having no issues shifting, the clutch is firm and ive been driving like this for the past couple thousand miles with no issues. If any of you have experienced this and know what it is could you please tell me about your experience and how you fixed it? If its worth the trouble, ive done a clutch job on this jeep when i first got it to be sure everything was fresh. I put a LUK clutch in it last year.

Here is the video of what im experiencing

Thank you in advance for reading my post. My jeep is a 06 Sport with the 6 speed manual transmission. My friend with an 02 is experiencing the samething with his 5 speed transmission.

That sounds like a spring connection rattling at its...well...connection point. As stated by billiebob a little lube should make a big difference.

I would normally say it's a throwout bearing, but when that happens usually the noise goes away as soon as you press the clutch pedal in.

I would follow the advise on the lube first, just to see if that does the trick.

I have that exact same clutch creak on my 1999.
Will do more research on it, because I don't like not knowing what it is.

There is a cage like bushing/retainer where the clutch master cylinder pushrod attaches to your clutch pedal arm. You can lay on your back in the drivers footwell with a flashlight and see what I am referring to. When this bushing/retainer wears out you get that noise because you will now have metal on metal. The good news is the bushing is $3 to $4 at the dealer and takes about a minute to snap into place. Put it in the pushrod first and then snap the pushrod onto the clutch pedal nipple. I can give you the part number later if you need it if this is indeed the problem. Most dealers stock it since it is used in other Mopar products as well.

Daniel

Reactions: Chris
There is a cage like bushing/retainer where the clutch master cylinder pushrod attaches to your clutch pedal arm. You can lay on your back in the drivers footwell with a flashlight and see what I am referring to. When this bushing/retainer wears out you get that noise because you will now have metal on metal. The good news is the bushing is $3 to $4 at the dealer and takes about a minute to snap into place. Put it in the pushrod first and then snap the pushrod onto the clutch pedal nipple. I can give you the part number later if you need it if this is indeed the problem. Most dealers stock it since it is used in other Mopar products as well.

Daniel

What's the part number?

1998 Jeep TJ sport
Named- The Black Banshee

Reactions: Chris
I have a feeling this issue just requires some lube / grease. At least that's what it sounds like.

The part number for the push rod to clutch pedal arm bushing I described earlier is 4643448. List is $4. Buy a spare and keep it in the glovebox.

Daniel

The part number for the push rod to clutch pedal arm bushing I described earlier is 4643448. List is $4. Buy a spare and keep it in the glovebox.

Daniel

Is that a quadutec part? Lol I just broke mine on the new master cylinder I put in lol stupid me thought it would be smart to clip in to the pedal before putting the pushrod in.. And broke the clip taking it back out..