Ford 8.8 parking brake

KennyV

Hi all, I recently purchased a 1997 wrangler sport, it has a ford 8.8 rear axle with discs. I’m looking to install my parking brake, none of those components were swapped over. I have what appears to be the mounting brackets for the parking brake, but I don’t have any of the pads, springs, or cables. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on the right parts? If I can order parts for a specific vehicle, or how I can get those parts. Any help would be appreciated. Attached are pictures of what I have.

D693056E-F58C-4AD3-8633-2404E4A938C1.jpeg

0F53521A-0B3F-45B1-8041-A68087EEB83E.jpeg

I’d find a junkyard and snag everything you need from another axle. You need to find a 2nd generation Explorer/Mountaineer. I’m pretty sure none of the Explorers came with the 7.5 rear end so you shouldn’t have any concerns there.

RockAuto should also have what you need if you search for a 2000 Explorer.

Hi all, I recently purchased a 1997 wrangler sport, it has a ford 8.8 rear axle with discs. I’m looking to install my parking brake, none of those components were swapped over. I have what appears to be the mounting brackets for the parking brake, but I don’t have any of the pads, springs, or cables. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on the right parts? If I can order parts for a specific vehicle, or how I can get those parts. Any help would be appreciated. Attached are pictures of what I have.

View attachment 362823

View attachment 362824

Hello fellow Pennsylvanian. I agree with Ranger101, just get them from RockAuto or similar. My 8.8 is from a 2003 Explorer Sportrac so that's what I type in when getting parts. I also used these. You may or may not need them.

https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-2883391-tj-ford-8-8-e-brake-cables.html

There’s a couple different configurations for an 8.8. They came in different widths and different splines depending on the vehicle. Rangers, except certain FX4 models, had a 28 spline drum brake axle. Mustangs received two different width axles depending on the year. 99-04 Mustangs got an axle that was 1.5” wider than the previous generation. As long as you’re shopping for an 8.8 with disc brakes you’ll be fine.