Ford excursion Axles

Stuckless

Hello! Newbie here.. so apologies if I’m not posting in the correct forum.

So I have a question I’m hoping uou fellow jeepers May know the answer too. I have a 03 tj sport with a 4.0 and manual trans. Completely stock other then 33s I use for my daily’s driver and weekend warrior. I have a buddy of mine who has a Dana 44 front and Dana 60 rear from a 05 ford excursion he said I could have. I see many conversion kits you can buy but he mentioned the excursion axles are narrower then a super duty. Anybody ever done this conversion? Can I buy a conversion kit to fit? Thanks in advance!

Running 33" tires the money spent making those axles work on a TJ would be better spent on your current axles. You'll be much better off in the long run not getting them.

In this case free is nowhere near free.

What are your goals for the jeep? If I am going through the trouble of swapping axles, I would put a 60 in the front. Do it once.
What are your goals for the jeep? If I am going through the trouble of swapping axles, I would put a 60 in the front. Do it once.
as of right now I haven’t set a goal yet. Bought the Jeep 4 years ago on a deal. Use it as my daily. It’s in amazing shape and all I have done with it was a new TPS. But the wife it looking at getting her a SUV therefore I can have my truck back lol. The Jeep is gonna sit in my garage till the weekends arrive. When these axles came up I thought it would be a cool project and somewhere to start. I agree on a Dana 60 upfront as well but I just don’t have a lead on one atm