Ford F150 wheels on a TJ

Snookie

Im building a hunting vehicle from a 204 TJ. 2.5 suspension lift, 1.5 body lift Spartan lockers front and rear. 1.5 wheel spacers / adaptors. Wheels are 17" F150 with 32" mud terrain tires. Vehicle will be used in the river bottoms hunting wild boar and deer. Jeep drove fine before the lift and wheels. Now it wobbles between 35 and 45 mph. I ordered a RC track bar for the front. The rear is centered. Should the track bar stop the wobble? What else could i do to correct the
steering? I have added 7" finder flares since picture. I do not have the body lift on yet.
iphone 7-2019 039.JPG

We get a lot wobble complaints with 17's on here.

The Rough Country track bar bushings are made in Mexico, and too soft. Chunk and replace with OEM type replacements from o Reilly's, under 20 bucks each.

Reactions: TJ Starting
The f-150 is 5x5.5" bolt pattern and some are a wierd metric 6 lug, unless you have adapters, your jeep is 5x4.5", so you may have ranger wheels...and typically the center hole is too small on the ranger wheels to fit on a jeep hub.

spacers are bolted correctly. Just installed a RC track bar to front. Axels lined up. Now WOBBLE is only between 30mph and 40mph before and after that speed it is ok??

I don't think DW ever goes away by going faster. It sounds like you have balance issues.

It may be a balance issue. I had one around 45mph that'd steer the Jeep violently during random turns. Braking would make it worse. It had to be accelerated out of (very scary and unsafe).