Ford is licensing limited builds of older Broncos

wow for that entry level price you could get 2 good ones......Resto-mods do have there place, I suppose.....but not with me.

I'd love to build a 1969 "Boss Bronco" tribute.

https://www.fordmuscle.com/news/lost-69-boss-bronco-prototype-found-after-49-years/

lost-1969-boss-bronco-prototype-found-after-nearly-5-decades-0011.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Well at $120,000 to $180,000 I can see why they are in limited numbers. Is there really that kind of a market? I guess the answer is yes in a limited way but I don't see it.

It’s a cool idea, would be nice if they were more affordable but it’s just going to end up in collectors garages, who have deep pockets and will drive them once a year at that price. I love those old broncos.

I think it's cool, if out of reach. Similar to some of the stuff icon is doing. I love old broncos... Just so hard to find in any kind of decent shape. I bet restoring one would be close enough to that 120k figure to make you consider the cost/benefit of a brand new vehicle.

I think chevy did something like this for the 69 Camaro, it was a new factory spec body and sub frame. If I remember right they were also stupid expensive.

The "Water Car Panther" would certainly fit in my lifestyle living just a half mile from the boat ramp here and several other lakes around close. Not quite in the budget though. Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing and the additional posts.

Reactions: Chris
I think it's cool, if out of reach. Similar to some of the stuff icon is doing. I love old broncos... Just so hard to find in any kind of decent shape. I bet restoring one would be close enough to that 120k figure to make you consider the cost/benefit of a brand new vehicle.

Great comparison to ICON or FJ company builds. They look fantastic but stupidly expensive and only collectors buy them :/

I think if folks actually restored one to the same condition with the correct parts, that pricing structure might not look so bad.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like the work they do, especially having seen the level of frame-off restoration ICON does and the detail they go into.

I guess properly restoring any old vehicle is expensive.

I saw some that were not licensed from Ford at Barret Jackson last year. The motor took up the whole engine compartment. But it was hooked up with a lift and different colors. they were going fully restored for 55 - 60K and I thought those were ridiculous expensive. So I bet if you go to Barret Jackson you can find one for cheaper.

I used to have an original half top 1974 bronco. I instantly blew up the motor, and dropped in a 351 Windsor. I bought it in 1987 for 400 bucks, and it had a bad front bearing in the transmission. I stayed up all night the night I bought it, and pulled the transmission, rebuilt it, and reinstalled it.

it was truly one of the best rigs I ever had. I ended up selling it to a buddy, a few years later, and a month after that it got stolen. Never to be seen again. It was midnight metallic blue with a factory white half top, so if anybody sees it let me know we are still looking for it.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ