Ford lockout patent

I don't either, but I don't want that tech in my car at all. If you pay off the car, does the tech transfer to the county. In case you forget to register on time.

I don't either, but I don't want that tech in my car at all. If you pay off the car, does the tech transfer to the county. In case you forget to register on time.

That's exactly my point. I don't participate. I refuse to own a car with a touchscreen, cell MODEM, electronic nannies, or other "tech" crap.

Mmmm yeah, I am not in that population as my newest vehicle was made in 2005, and as said above I have no interest in all those electronic doo-dads and a touch screen. And about those, how does the NHTSA / federal government sign off on a system that forces the driver to look away from the road to change the radio station, fan speed, etc? Isn't that just inviting disaster?

Reactions: Zorba
Mmmm yeah, I am not in that population as my newest vehicle was made in 2005, and as said above I have no interest in all those electronic doo-dads and a touch screen. And about those, how does the NHTSA / federal government sign off on a system that forces the driver to look away from the road to change the radio station, fan speed, etc? Isn't that just inviting disaster?

Not forced. You can adjust everything via voice.

Regarding the eye-opening patent, Ford said in a statement, "We don’t have any plans to deploy this."

Ford spokesman Wes Sherwood told the Detroit Free Press, "We submit patents on new inventions as a normal course of business but they aren't necessarily an indication of new business or product plans."