Former / Active Duty Military Members Roll Call

US Army 1970-1974 SGT
I was in EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal). Very busy, as back in those days most police depts did not have bomb squads and called the Army.
A lot of interesting bomb calls, but some of my best memories were playing with jeeps (ya, made by ford, but we called them jeeps) out on the ranges. Jeeping at government expense.
Got stuck on a tank course one, and got towed by an M-60 tank.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
US Army CPL 2002-2008 (91X/mental health). Basic at Ft. Leonard Wood followed by AIT at Ft. Sam. First duty stationed was MEDDAC, Ft. Riley, KS. My next assignment was Vilseck, Germany with the 2SCR Stryker Regiment. And of course one trip to the sandbox (Baghdad).

US Army, 82-85, SP4, 11B (Infantry). Co A, 4/9th Inf Bn, 7th Infantry Division, Ft. Ord, CA.

‘84-‘94
Army
SSG
11B3PYV
Airborne Infantry
Pathfinder
Ranger
Jumpmaster
Sniper
Air Assault
Rappel master
HALO/HAHO
Scuba

Panama
A few short trips to other places
Desert Storm/Desert Shield
A few short trips to other places
Mogadishu

Many jobs through the years, but favorites were 101st Pathfinder, and 1/509th PIR OPFOR.

Disabled (zigged when I should’ve zagged)

At different times throughout my time, I had the opportunity to work along side every branch of the military, and some Law Enforcement. Even though I was Army, you’ll never hear me badmouth another branch. Each one is the best in the world at what they do, bar none. Respect.
To those who have served, or are serving, thank you.

Reactions: b0xcar
Got out of the Army in 78 however have been deployed with them as a civilian for the last 21 years straight, Balkans and Middle East. May retire someday, but not by choice.

Thank you to all who have and are currently serving this great nation. No matter your reason for joining you are doing a great service to all Americans and those wishing to be Americans!

US Army

From Springfield, Oregon retired in Slocomb, Alabama but looking to move. LOL
Served from November 1993 to February 2016. MOS 67U then, which changed to 15U, Chinook Helicopter repairer. I have been a Mechanic, Crew Chief, Flight Engineer, Technical Inspector, AIT Instructor, and all around awesome NCO. I retired crewing Mi-17 (Hip/ Russian) helicopters training Afghanistan Military pilots and crew chiefs.
Duty stations: Aviano Italy (E co 502nd), Fairbanks, Alaska (Sugar Bears), Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia (Hercules), Ft Eustis, Virginia (Training), Ft Campbell, Kentucky (160th SOAR), Ft Rucker Alabama (Training).

US Air Force
F-15E Crew Chief made Staff Sgt before being medically discharged after multiple back surgeries
2009-2015 389th FS Mountain Home, ID and 336th Fighter Squadron in Goldsboro NC
1 deployment to Afghanistan in 2011
If it turns, burns, banks and rolls crew chiefs made it happen.

US Army and some Army Reserve, 87-01
12B, SFC
10th Mtn Div, Ft Drum

Anyone that's been to Drum may remember the range used by the 174th ANG (mostly) to practice their ground attack runs in their A-10s and later F-16s. They would drag old military vehicles out there for targets. I still remember watch them destroy a bunch of old Jeeps and M113 APCs. Also had some of the Jeeps dropped off at the demo range to be destroyed. Sad times... (but blowing stuff up is pretty fun, regardless of the object).

Reactions: Powdermonkey