Forum Decals!

OP
Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Can I recommend American Apparel 50/50 blend as an option for t-shirts. One of my favorite shirts. Not sure if I have tried the tri-blend or not, but I'm sure they are equally nice.
Are they half cotton and half polyester?

OP
Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Yeah, I started wearing them when I was into crossfit. They are a nice tough shirt, fitted, that is comfy too. I'm 6'1"ish 190ish and wear a large. (I should be closer to 175ish though, thats what I weighed when I was working out)

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-basic-shirt-navy

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-classic-t-shirt
Oh, this is great info! This is really what has been holding me up. I've been trying to find a quality shirt to put the graphics on. I would rather spend more for a high quality shirt, as oppose to one of those super stiff shirts that feels like some startched it to hell.

xxdabroxx

TJ Enthusiast
Oh, this is great info! This is really what has been holding me up. I've been trying to find a quality shirt to put the graphics on. I would rather spend more for a high quality shirt, as oppose to one of those super stiff shirts that feels like some startched it to hell.
Yup, I really like these shirts.

The next hardest part for me is finding people who won't overdo the screen printing building up a thick layer. I personally prefer a nice thin layer of color. Makes you sweat less and is more comfortable.

You can still get the costs down pretty cheap too if you order in bulk. Look at the old t-shirt thread for printers, I can't remember off the top of my head who I found to be cheapest, but I was only looking at single color prints too.

OP
Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Yup, I really like these shirts.

The next hardest part for me is finding people who won't overdo the screen printing building up a thick layer. I personally prefer a nice thin layer of color. Makes you sweat less and is more comfortable.

You can still get the costs down pretty cheap too if you order in bulk. Look at the old t-shirt thread for printers, I can't remember off the top of my head who I found to be cheapest, but I was only looking at single color prints too.
That's my other issue as well. I don't want the screen print on there so much that it's built-up a hard layer of graphic that makes the shirt uncomfortable to wear. I've found a few who can do it for a reasonable cost. I'm going to reach out to them and ask if they can do the screen prints in a manner that won't be so "thick". That's my biggest concern in all honesty, so it's funny you brought that up.

I want that kind of shirt that you put on, but feel like it's already broken in (so to speak).

Travis

TJ Enthusiast
Feb 29, 2016
Clinton, Iowa
I put one of them on my locker in the garage. Eventually this thing will be full of stickers, if I see a free sticker, I grab some, lol. The Quad City Airshow is coming up, I've been going to that for 10 years straight and they give loads of free stuff. Stickers being the main thing. I'll have plenty to add to the locker soon, but the TJForum sticker got a prime spot. I'm kind of a sticker nerd, it's amazing I haven't put any on my Jeep yet. @Chris, have you thought of a die cut decal? I think that would be pretty snazzy.

20170511_083648.jpg

OP
Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
I put one of them on my locker in the garage. Eventually this thing will be full of stickers, if I see a free sticker, I grab some, lol. The Quad City Airshow is coming up, I've been going to that for 10 years straight and they give loads of free stuff. Stickers being the main thing. I'll have plenty to add to the locker soon, but the TJForum sticker got a prime spot. I'm kind of a sticker nerd, it's amazing I haven't put any on my Jeep yet. @Chris, have you thought of a die cut decal? I think that would be pretty snazzy.

View attachment 15766
Funny you mention that! I was actually planing on doing diecut decals next!

Reactions: Travis

Sam Solo

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2018
St. Louis
I went ahead and ordered the Premium with Sticker package. The costs of running such a place are not insignificant. And $25 is next to nothing over the course of a year, working out to about six or seven cents a day. I already donated but I did it again because I want to see this place grow and remain stable. (And I wanted a cool sticker, too!)

I am excited to watch this place develop. I have been on the ground floor of several web communities and I have been in several when they died. This one seems to be on a solid base and off to an excellent start.

I hope you all will contribute. It is really not much at all. And hey, for $30 you get that sort of "pride of ownership" of being amongst the first wave of users here AND you get one of the original site stickers, which could be a really cool "old guy" thing to have one day. HA! So y'all DONATE! I do not want this place to be an excuse for advertising like WF and JF have become. This place is nice and clean, and our donations will hopefully keep it that way.

Thanks for taking so much time out of your life to set this place up, Chris. I hope you receive enough donations on a regular basis to keep this place going while not having to spend any of your money on it. I hope you make a profit, because you should be paid for all the time you spend managing this site. I wish you continued good luck with this.
Very well said Wade. You've inspired me. I'm going to donate now!

Reactions: MikeM and Chris