Fouledplug's 2006 Jeep Wrangler "Golden Eagle"

Tires mounted, balanced with sticky weights, and mounted on the Jeep. I’ll run these Quadratec Moab clones until I make some time to have my genuine Mopar Moabs stripped, painted, and have the faces machined similar to the ones I posted earlier in this thread.
DA597D24-754B-445D-A55A-06C72E4BA8D7.jpeg
FA6E4C70-920D-4976-9678-8964C520EC96.jpeg
08305915-77E2-4EBA-BE7D-7907B861B81B.jpeg
8927BCB0-759A-43A7-B508-70E17E9E54C8.jpeg
FD2CEDD1-3E2E-41F0-831D-62D5A4251522.jpeg
79DC0A0C-8A52-4ED6-B41C-0CD2777EFAED.jpeg
35215294-55F7-4823-A1B6-217E56D2691A.jpeg
C6551D0C-D78A-4E17-B63C-811C6B04DC29.jpeg
584723EB-919B-4CB0-88AC-1849014A97B6.jpeg
D3CF4BB4-FC05-479A-9FB8-D6FB3978CDB5.jpeg

I like the raw stainless on the white. Really looks clean. What are you doing to fit the Wildpeaks?
That is my next step. I will add 2 inch springs and possibly a .5 inch body lift.

I will also be regearing it if I can find the Dana/Spicer gears in a 4.56. I am pretty sure someone showed them to me a few months ago on here. Just need to dig through my notes in order to refresh my memory.

Tires mounted, balanced with sticky weights, and mounted on the Jeep. I’ll run these Quadratec Moab clones until I make some time to have my genuine Mopar Moabs stripped, painted, and have the faces machined similar to the ones I posted earlier in this thread.
View attachment 154589View attachment 154590View attachment 154591View attachment 154592View attachment 154593View attachment 154594View attachment 154595View attachment 154596View attachment 154597View attachment 154598
Those wheels look amazing. Are they 16"?

A 2" and 0.5" combo will look great!

If I ever do another build, I'll be right around your build and try to run 32's. Hopefully a Rubi.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Those wheels look amazing. Are they 16"?

A 2" and 0.5" combo will look great!

If I ever do another build, I'll be right around your build and try to run 32's. Hopefully a Rubi.
Yea running the Quadratec Moab clones that I was able to score for a deal.

I have a set of genuine Mopar Moabs that are identical except they are painted silver. Sometime in the future I will have them stripped, re-painted silver, and have the faces machined to look just like these.

Why? I guess it’s my OCD, I want the genuine Moabs, they are cast in the USA and they are real...the ones I currently have on the Jeep look great, but are clones.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Yea running the Quadratec Moab clones that I was able to score for a deal.

I have a set of genuine Mopar Moabs that are identical except they are painted silver. Sometime in the future I will have them stripped, re-painted silver, and have the faces machined to look just like these.

Why? I guess it’s my OCD, I want the genuine Moabs, they are cast in the USA and they are real...the ones I currently have on the Jeep look great, but are clones.
Do you not like the machined finish?

Do you not like the machined finish?
I do like the machined finish. Sorry if my post are confusing. The clones that are on it have a machined finish. But they are clones...my OCD hates that.

I have a set genuine Mopar Moabs in silver. They are used and a little beat up so I will have the paint stripped, true them, and repaint them the factory silver but I will machine the faces of the spokes and then clear them. Just like this but in silver.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
View attachment 154589View attachment 154590View attachment 154591View attachment 154592View attachment 154593View attachment 154594View attachment 154595View attachment 154596View attachment 154597View attachment 154598
This jeep is beautiful

Reactions: Fouledplugs and JMT
That is my next step. I will add 2 inch springs and possibly a .5 inch body lift.

I will also be regearing it if I can find the Dana/Spicer gears in a 4.56. I am pretty sure someone showed them to me a few months ago on here. Just need to dig through my notes in order to refresh my memory.
Summit Racing has Dana Spicer gears in the 4:56 ratio. They are special order.

I like the fact you painted your headlight inserts white to color match the Jeep and resisted the "urge" (I'm sure) to go black with them, looks more updated and unique. Wished I'd had mine painted tan when I recently had the grille replaced and painted?

I like the fact you painted your headlight inserts white to color match the Jeep and resisted the "urge" (I'm sure) to go black with them, looks more updated and unique. Wished I'd had mine painted tan when I recently had the grille replaced and painted?
Buy some Rugged Ridge Black trim rings and drop them off with your painter to have matched. Just do it.

I had no desire to go with the “emo,” look. I’m not sure what’s worse, the emo eyes or the angry eyes...

I am still not sold (notice a trend here?) on the paint matched headlight trim. But it will stay for now.

Reactions: Tray Burge

Why even bother? Those things look identical to Moabs. I can't even tell they are replicas.

Why even bother? Those things look identical to Moabs. I can't even tell they are replicas.
Thanks, I have the genuine wheels in storage. I have the means to do the machining, I just need make time to do it.

The replicas were scored for the time being, so I am just using them as, “placeholders,” if you will.

Thanks, I have the genuine wheels in storage. I have the means to do the machining, I just need make time to do it.

The replicas were scored for the time being, so I am just using them as, “placeholders,” if you will.

They look identical to the factory Moabs. Can you notice any visual differences?

Also, that license plate is about the coolest plate I've ever seen.

Your TJ is a testament to very mildly built, clean TJs. I honestly think they look really good this way.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
They look identical to the factory Moabs. Can you notice any visual differences?
Being transparent, I haven't had them side by side to compare. I will eventually put the genuine Moabs next to the Quadratec Moab clones and take some high res pics with measurements and differences in weight, that will tell the whole story with accuracy.

Also, that license plate is about the coolest plate I've ever seen.
Right? I like the look of the volcano plate over the rainbow plate. Most people are not used to seeing Hawaii plates, much less, a limited plate like the ones I have. I am not sure they made a lot of them actually, they were sold out of them the day I picked mine up. They may have made more, I have not researched it further.

Your TJ is a testament to very mildly built, clean TJs. I honestly think they look really good this way.
Thank you, that means a lot. I still have a lot that I want to do to it.