Found a parts / trail TJ

Alright, this guy is a real dummy. Will not give the VIN even after I showed him how to run a build sheet.
I dont get why even put something for sale if you plan to hide the VIN, I would have seen it the second I showed up.
Sorry to waste everyone's time.

At this point I'd seriously think about faking wanting to buy it just so that a couple friends and I could go check it out and take a picture of the VIN to turn into the police.

At this point I'd seriously think about faking wanting to buy it just so that a couple friends and I could go check it out and take a picture of the VIN to turn into the police.

That’s the point. The “seller” doesn’t even have the Jeep. The next line is he need you to send a type of payment so he can blah blah blah.
One lie at a time

Well, update to the story. Guy sent me the build sheet, however, the VIN is cut off. This guy is a whack job. I'm paranoid about scams and giving info, but this is insane. If the jeep was not 2hrs from me, I'd take a trip and see what the deal is, but I'm done with this deal.
I'm still on the lookout for a Dana 44 axle and general parts.

Well, update to the story. Guy sent me the build sheet, however, the VIN is cut off. This guy is a whack job. I'm paranoid about scams and giving info, but this is insane. If the jeep was not 2hrs from me, I'd take a trip and see what the deal is, but I'm done with this deal.
Sounds like a stolen jeep. Or a salvaged jeep. Or flooded.

Now really screew with him as for a carfax report ;)

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'd show up pretending I want to buy it, just to get the VIN!

I missed that he was 2 hours away. That's a shame... I would have liked to see it in person and written down the VIN right in front of him just to piss him off. See, this is what I mean when I say Craigslist idiots. There's some good buys on there, but having to deal with some of these bozos (like this guy) is excruciating.

Cool!
So, can I fit 35's with no lift?

***Disclaimer: This is a joke, not to be confused with reality.***

Possibly... just depends on how fast your spinning rims spin.

Also.. if you go that route... be sure to place enough stickers and badges on the jeep to increase mpg.

Less stress on Dana 35.

Tell

Tell Him your interested and have him meet you half way...

Just dont show up.. and waste 2hrs of his time.

Reactions: Chris
place enough stickers and badges
badges-we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges.jpg

Reactions: Dan T.
I've come across quite a few title-less jeeps here in Georgia. Sellers seem to think it's no big deal. I won't touch them with a 10 foot pole. You pretty much have to have the original title holder present to replace it. The only caveat is if the vehicle is 1962 or older, you don't need a title. Everyone seem to think 1984 or older don't need titles. That is true, as they are considered optional, but you can't register it without the permission of the last recorded title holder. Pain the ass all the way around, even for a parts vehicle.

BTW, when someone uses the old "owner is in the military overseas" excuse, it reeks of scam all the way around.

I can tell you that when you are processing your SRP paperwork for deployment, you have to leave a POA with someone here stateside. So I'd venture to say someone is lying to you. And, there is JAG over with us and we do have access to the net, so if there really was a problem, it could be handled. But, of course it wouldn't happen ASAP. But it is possible to do just about anything.