Found my leak, how to fix?

Leinhit

TJ Enthusiast
2001 TJ

I've included a short video showing my water leak. I believe it's the seal where the windshield folds down, I have never folded it down.

Does anyone know if they offer replacement seal or a suggestion on how to fix? You can see the water just flows through with no resistance.

I was thinking windshield sealant caulk but there's not really a gap to flow it into, the existing seal kind of fills up the whole gap.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: Mikester86
Thank you sirs! I will be ordering and looking for instructions on how to do it.

Still.. $40 for a piece of rubber? Sigh...

You're lucky it's not a BMW. That would be $200 for that piece of rubber.

Thank you sirs! I will be ordering and looking for instructions on how to do it.

Still.. $40 for a piece of rubber? Sigh...

A had a farm landlord would say: "it would be cheaper to stuff it with dollar bills!"

Reactions: KCsTJ
If it was my Jeep I'd fold down the window and clean up everything. It is possible that the seal is just out of place or just needs a little oil. You are going to have to fold it to replace the seal, you never know what you'll find.

Yeah... For that price I think I'd even fold the window down and silicone it heavy and put it back up first...

Add Jeep to the part name is much like adding "marine" to any boat part... The price seems to triple