Found my LJ, beginning my build

builtbycrown

Greetings from Carlsbad, CA! As stated, I recently picked up a solid TJ Unlimited. It's a 2005, Light Khaki Metallic and has 60k original miles. This is my 7th Jeep and I've already begun accumulating parts for my top to bottom build.

I've "unofficially" been reading threads on here for a bit and they helped me solve a few things. To pay it forward, I plan on documenting my entire build to inspire and help others.

Pictures shown are as it looked when I bought it... with a full day detail of course :)

IMG_3446.jpeg

IMG_4715.jpeg

Now you're just showing off. What a beautiful find! Also, I wheel a lot with, and have owned, 1st Generation Broncos. They are my favorite 4x4 of all time. 302 V8, bullet proof C4, Ford 9" rear, and Dana 44 front. It's even better that you have one with uncut rear fenders!..... :love:

Reactions: Rick Flair
Now you're just showing off. What a beautiful find! Also, I wheel a lot with, and have owned, 1st Generation Broncos. They are my favorite 4x4 of all time. 302 V8, bullet proof C4, Ford 9" rear, and Dana 44 front. It's even better that you have one with uncut rear fenders!..... :love:
I looked at your LJ build thread. Love your build. How much stretch are you running?

Reactions: Rick Flair
I looked at your LJ build thread. Love your build. How much stretch are you running?
None. The fenders give the illusion that there is more space. If I were to do it again, I would do a true Highline.

Right on. I really like those MC fenders, highlined or not. (y)
I've had them for 7+ years and have no complaints. They're not a highline, but have met my needs and served me well. Can't wait to see where you go with this one!