Found out I had Appendicitis

Alex01

Waiting on USA revolution shafts since November
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Title describes my current situation pretty well. I've been experiencing minor pain in my lower abdomen since sunday, felt like doing an ab workout, then yesterday morning it went from tolerable to intolerable. Long story short I got to spend the whole day / night at Kaiser and had my appendix removed. I'm only 30 and already having parts removed 🤣. Statisticly if you make it past 40 your good. I was so close.

I get discharged this morning at some point then have about 2 weeks of recovery. It's definitely harder to walk right now but they say I should be fine in the next day or two. The big thing is can only lift 15 lbs for 2 weeks. With a 25lbs almost 2 year old at home its going to be tough.

Surgery went well. Minor rupture upon removal so I'm told. Should be up and running again in a few weeks so not to bad. It's just really nice figuring out what my pain was and fixing it.

I was in the car yesterday morning and it got so intense I knew something had to be wrong. Usually I can tolerate a good amount of pain but this was never ending. Honestly I was relieved when they found out I needed it removed. Atleast at that point I new it was going to be over.

Appendicitis is nothing to sneeze at. It can cause quite the infection if it ruptures before they take it out, so good that you got it early! Rest up. Its tough...two weeks doesn't sound like that long, but when you can only lay around and watch TV it will feel like FOREVER!

Reactions: Alex01
Appendicitis is nothing to sneeze at. It can cause quite the infection if it ruptures before they take it out, so good that you got it early! Rest up. Its tough...two weeks doesn't sound like that long, but when you can only lay around and watch TV it will feel like FOREVER!
I'll do my best. Any good shows to watch?

Other than the birth of my kids, the one time being married really paid of for me was when I had an appendicitis. I thought I had kidney stones, wife made me go to hospital.

What?! Geez, kids today I swear. Take a couple of aspirin and walk it off 😆

Just fyi, norco works better with alcohol 🤪
Ill get the gin and tonics lined up 🤣
Other than the birth of my kids, the one time being married really paid of for me was when I had an appendicitis. I thought I had kidney stones, wife made me go to hospital.
Trust me I fought off going to the hospital. My wife recently got a new job and the plan was to swap july 1st to her employers health plan which would have lowered my max out of pocket considerably. I don't have a bad plan now so I guess ill see how it turns out once the bills start flowing.

Reactions: Rob5589
This happened to my brother when he was 20. Interesting how some people have to have it removed, while others don't.

The good thing is that from a surgical standpoint, it's supposed to be one of the most easy surgical procedures to do (that's what an acquaintance of mine who is a doctor told me).

Anyways, glad to hear you're doing okay now!

This happened to my brother when he was 20. Interesting how some people have to have it removed, while others don't.

The good thing is that from a surgical standpoint, it's supposed to be one of the most easy surgical procedures to do (that's what an acquaintance of mine who is a doctor told me).

Anyways, glad to hear you're doing okay now!
They made sure to tell me I was the easiest case of the day many times. 🤣 All I know is I went into surgery and 630pm and woke up at 9:00 pm. I still have no clue where in the hospital I am at this point 🤷‍♂️

I one thing I remember (about 14 years ago) about the surgery was when the surgeon told me the procedure was about 10 times safer than the risk of death from the anesthesia.

• Haha
They made sure to tell me I was the easiest case of the day many times. 🤣 All I know is I went into surgery and 630pm and woke up at 9:00 pm. I still have no clue where in the hospital I am at this point 🤷‍♂️

Haha, yeah I know that feeling. Reminds me of when I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I had no idea how I got home or anything that happened in the meantime.

Several years ago I thought my severe pain was my appendix but turned out to be kidney stones. Since then I have just toughed it out until they pass. Maybe I need to go in from now on.....

Well there goes your jeep funds. Glad you're ok. It drove me stir crazy when I had to stay home for a week after my knee surgery.

• Sad
Well there goes your jeep funds. Glad you're ok. It drove me stir crazy when I had to stay home for a week after my knee surgery.
I'm hopping insurance covers most of it. 🤞

Staying home for a week or so and not spending money on the jeep seems difficult. I'll just get parts under 10lbs.