Found something cool on the new Wrangler JL

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
It's gimmicky, but it's kind of cool nonetheless!

23316424_10214016447627908_1235630655704030762_n.jpg

This may be the first time Jeep has actually started referring to the Wrangler as it's two letter code name, huh?

Reactions: StG58
But put actual, useful information on it like break-over angles, approach angles, clearance & etc. The only really useful information on that tag is
"Water Fording"
"30 IN AT 5 MPH"

The rest is cool, but not particularly useful.

Totally agree. If someone did this but actually put useful information on it, I'd buy it in a heart beat. It would be sort of a cool "reminder".

Chris it's on you might be revenue for the form

I have no doubt they would sell like hotcakes. Maybe I need to design something, run it by a manufacturer in China and see what they'd charge to make it. Honestly, it couldn't be that much. The majority of the work here is in the design of the graphics. Then it's just a matter of printing those graphics on a shaped piece of aluminum. Nothing complicated really.

Reactions: StG58 and Kiwi TJ
I like that idea although if you on the trail you would need to get out , go round the back, open the tailgate then read the plate , close the tail gate get back in and off you go again lol
Love the idea of approach angles, clearance etc (although every TJ is different with lifts and tire size and stuff) but it would need to be put within eye view of the driver.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
I like that idea although if you on the trail you would need to get out , go round the back, open the tailgate then read the plate , close the tail gate get back in and off you go again lol
Love the idea of approach angles, clearance etc (although every TJ is different with lifts and tire size and stuff) but it would need to be put within eye view of the driver.
Plate for back just like a military vechile also included handy reference manual

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
@StG58 The first thing I thought of is the plate would also include towing info and that taking real estate for water fording clearances to be, yes, gimmicky as @Chris stated. Odd.
Just putting all the useful info on there would take up the whole tailgate. ...and get someone in trouble probably.

I can see some lawyer hammering poor @Chris because his client rolled his Jeep after modding the crap out of it. "But the sign says..."

Just putting all the useful info on there would take up the whole tailgate. ...and get someone in trouble probably.

I can see some lawyer hammering poor @Chris because his client rolled his Jeep after modding the crap out of it. "But the sign says..."

Haha... These days people will sue for anything.

Reactions: lowranger and StG58
@StG58 My thinking was, as the location is at the tailgate, it would be close at hand for a task or activity at that location. Thus, towing. For river fording, if I have to go to the tailgate to see if I am okay, uh, well, I am thinking it is too late. :)

Reactions: StG58