Found something cool on the new Wrangler JL

@StG58 My thinking was, as the location is at the tailgate, it would be close at hand for a task or activity at that location. Thus, towing. For river fording, if I have to go to the tailgate to see if I am okay, uh, well, I am thinking it is too late. :)
That's good thinking. I've never backed up to a buddies drift boat and asked "So, how much does this bad boy weigh?" Same with getting the TJ on it's side. I've never asked "I wonder what the angle of that ditch is?". I eyeball it, check my nerves, and either go for it or not. I guess I'm always too busy driving (by the seat of my pants) to refer to a reference plate. If you need to actually refer to the plate in any given circumstance, it may be time to consider the wisdom of your contemplated action. But those plates are cool.

I eyeball it, check my nerves, and either go for it or not. I guess I'm always too busy driving (by the seat of my pants) to refer to a reference plate. If you need to actually refer to the plate in any given circumstance,.../QUOTE]

RTFM? Moi? Love it, @StG58. Just love it.

Reactions: StG58
Oh, I pour over the manuals. Lots of good information in them. Just never dug out the manual on the trail.

It reminds of the caution plate in a 5"/54 mount. "Remove tompion before firing gun." Ya' think!?

Reactions: TomT509