Fox (Mustang) Hunting

SkylinesSuck

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
So I crashed my dad's fox body 5.0 when I was 16 being stupid (surprise surprise right?). I have long thought about surprising him and replacing it one day. Recent circumstances have made me want to revisit this idea. If I were TJ shopping I'd know just what to look for and what a good price is. This ain't a TJ. Anybody know if a good place to look for one besides the obvious auto trader type sites? When a forum like this where I can read up and maybe find a good example? Thanks!!

Wish I could help you with pictures right now, but I can't get them up. I have a very nice 1990 Foxbody. Owned it a long time, and put it away for this Jeep. I would look on Craigslist over your whole area. They have become very hot lately, and why not. A must have for a certain age group. A good one can be found for about eight grand with no rust. Some real nice unmolested oned are about twelve grand. I follow on Stangnet .com. For a forum. Very busy, and informative. Mine of coarse is listed under Potomus Pete. The only place it's hard to get a good one is New England. Mostly rusted out. For a hobby car, and fun they cant be beat with a five speed

Number one for me is the body being in good shape along with it being a 5.0. I don't mind motor swapping but time constraints dictate a running 5.0. I would accept a slush box if needed for the same reason but a stick is going to find it's way in there eventually anyways. Obviously everybody wants a notchback but I'd take anything.

This will be a weekend cruiser for my pops, not a track project. Not saying it won't get a blown 351 down the road or something, but unmolested, solid, and driveable immediately are what I'm looking for. I'm expecting to pay $10-$15k just from what I've seen. Does that sound about right?

What are you looking for, notchback or Hatchback? LX or GT? What kind of budget?

www.stangnet.com is a good forum

If you’re up for a bit of a drive, this guy sells some very nice Mustangs. He’s been building and selling for over 10yrs now. Foxbodys are his specialty.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1091244178490534/

The one I'm replacing was a red LX hatch. Everybody loves notches. I personally love convertibles. So yes? 😀

I will check out the forums and FB page, thanks 👍 Loving the input guys.

Reactions: ranger101
What are you looking for, notchback or Hatchback? LX or GT? What kind of budget?

www.stangnet.com is a good forum

If you’re up for a bit of a drive, this guy sells some very nice Mustangs. He’s been building and selling for over 10yrs now. Foxbodys are his specialty.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1091244178490534/

Oh, and budget? Below $10k and in good shape I would jump on quick. I told myself $15k would be my high end but you know how that goes.

On that FB page, the location isn't displaying for me but he went to college like 15 min from where my dad lives and where the car will go!!

Reactions: ranger101
You can get a really good one for ten grand. Just try for zero rust . Here we go pictures of my 90 Fox

KIMG0092.JPG

KIMG0485.JPG