Fox off-the-shelf non-tunable shocks, yes or no?

Good to know, although I don't foresee myself ever taking the path of specially tuned shocks for my jeep.

Perhaps the relevant questions are why someone in the broad class of jeepers encompassed by the term weekend warrior would want these Fox shocks vs. a budget priced alternative like the Rancho 5000X? What are the qualities that explain the price differential? What do they do better in their off the shelf configuration?
I'm only in the beginning stages on understanding the magic of shocks. I have the Rancho 5000x in the front and 12" Foxes with a generic TJ tune in the rear. One thing I notice on mine front to rear is the difference in the valving. The Ranchos are certainly comfortable and compliant overall. But I will also say that they are little mushy and don't resist roll and dive very well. While the Foxes with the flutter valve make them just as comfortable as the Ranchos in the small events, but they are also stiffer and more supportive on the larger movements. Am I describing a progressive valving? I really want something similar up front. I think the Jeep would be that much nicer to be in.

As far as Foxes on the factory mounts goes, that may be a more involved discussion. Good valving requires good travel distances. Foxes are long compared to other options with similar travels. Do the factory mounts provide enough room for a Fox to work the way it they ought to?

I have the fox 2.0 on my 2006 LJ with a quadratic 2” inch lift and Mickey Thompson ATZ tires. As first I thought it rode a little ruff but I went down to 23 psi. And the on road handling is great. Feel nice and firm around corners but gives when I hit hard bumps. But all I have to compare them to are the worn out OEM shocks. But I like them.

Reactions: Therbytj