Fox shocks mounting

Pic shows rear shock mounted. Seems that the shop cant slide the reservoir more up as the hose is very short and tight.

IMG-20190129-WA0008.jpg

Can the reservoirs be moved to the frame? They are in a very vulnerable position right now.

@jjvw i was hoping just to leave it on the shock as it would be easier to reach the adjuster. I can maybe try to rotate them more out the way. Im worried if i mount to the frame it will be harder to reach, and the hose for the reservoir may be too short

@tworley are the US spec frames different? mine is a 2005 GCC spec Sahara

I have 8 point adjustors on my Foxes. They were set to #1 when the soft top was on. Then I switched to #2 with the hardtop.

At this point, I expect the compression adjustment to be a 2-3 time a year event for me.

Regarding the placement, the cans would not survive long on mine in that location. Try to move them higher up.
6f558604d3c7ac92709032a69616f6d0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KCNoDots
I have 8 point adjustors on my Foxes. They were set to #1 when the soft top was on. Then I switched to #2 with the hardtop.

At this point, I expect the compression adjustment to be a 2-3 time a year event for me.

Regarding the placement, the cans would not survive long on mine in that location. Try to move them higher up.
View attachment 74861
Does that mean the shocks have 8 soft/firm settings and you keep it on 1 and 2 (the softest?) based on your hard top / soft top? I like that placement you have there. I have the RS5000x and wonder how these compare on their soft settings. I have a super light rig.

Does that mean the shocks have 8 soft/firm settings and you keep it on 1 and 2 (the softest?) based on your hard top / soft top? I like that placement you have there. I have the RS5000x and wonder how these compare on their soft settings. I have a super light rig.
I tried the harder numbers and didn't care for them. The adjusters are an option when building a custom shock. These particular Foxes are difficult to compare to an off the shelf shock like Rancho, which I do have on the front. The Foxes are both softer where it matters and have higher damping where it matters. Understand that this won't be true of all Foxes. Everything is dependent on the tune. While I think the Ranchos are comfortable and do a good job, they are a bit mushy and too soft on the larger events compared to a tuned shock.
@jjvw which part number are those? Also are there any mods like relocation brackets for your shock?

I am using the following part #
985-26-108
985-26-112
The mounting on mine is entirely not stock. I bought these used and don't know the part numbers. Look up outboarding to learn more.

Reactions: KCNoDots
I tried the harder numbers and didn't care for them. The adjusters are an option when building a custom shock. These particular Foxes are difficult to compare to an off the shelf shock like Rancho, which I do have on the front. The Foxes are both softer where it matters and have higher damping where it matters. Understand that this won't be true of all Foxes. Everything is dependent on the tune. While I think the Ranchos are comfortable and do a good job, they are a bit mushy and too soft on the larger events compared to a tuned shock.The mounting on mine is entirely not stock. I bought these used and don't know the part numbers. Look up outboarding to learn more.
Thanks!

I tried the harder numbers and didn't care for them. The adjusters are an option when building a custom shock. These particular Foxes are difficult to compare to an off the shelf shock like Rancho, which I do have on the front. The Foxes are both softer where it matters and have higher damping where it matters. Understand that this won't be true of all Foxes. Everything is dependent on the tune. While I think the Ranchos are comfortable and do a good job, they are a bit mushy and too soft on the larger events compared to a tuned shock.The mounting on mine is entirely not stock. I bought these used and don't know the part numbers. Look up outboarding to learn more.
Where did you get your tuned foxes? I’m considering the savvy resivors that are tuned but they don’t have the adjustable dial (I’m pretty sure).

On the TJ I wouldn't actually recommend the basic low speed compression adjuster. It tends to make it too harsh, I think you will get a better ride with just a solid tune. The Dual Speed Compression adjusters, on the other hand, work very well. They would likely double the cost of the shock though, as they would be a custom build.

I really think you'll be happy with a good base tune with the Fox Factory Series or Radflo smooth body. :)

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
On the TJ I wouldn't actually recommend the basic low speed compression adjuster. It tends to make it too harsh, I think you will get a better ride with just a solid tune. The Dual Speed Compression adjusters, on the other hand, work very well. They would likely double the cost of the shock though, as they would be a custom build.

I really think you'll be happy with a good base tune with the Fox Factory Series or Radflo smooth body. :)

Okay thank you! I believe the ones on Savvy’s site are factory series