Fox shocks ride like garbage

Tim_with_the_tj

TJ Enthusiast
Ok, I just bought the Jeep a few weeks ago. It already had some Fox shocks on it with a 3.5-4 inch lift. I was thinking the shocks were bad so I removed a couple and to my surprise they were still charged up. Seemed to be working fine.

Why do they ride like crap? Hmmm. I decided to search the part number online…
314341BD-2FA7-467E-BE6E-93A83F751361.jpeg

52712FA0-6E3C-465C-BD09-38B8A5E06A90.jpeg

8766F9B0-D7CB-4167-96F4-1A4F00C1FF17.jpeg

Now, you tell me why they ride so bad. 😂😂😂

You can also tell from the finish on the shocks. They aren't aluminum bodies like Fox shocks.
YOU can tell… but I can’t. 😆

That is the best switch-a-roo I've seen in a while :ROFLMAO:

Sorry for the bad news though.

Man, I was laughing when I figured it out. No big deal really. I had planned to change them out anyway. I’m just glad I solved the mystery.

I'm not sure you're missing out on much. The Fox IFP shocks are probably a bit better riding than the Rough Country shocks, but from my memory (I had them years ago) they weren't anything spectacular.

Of course the Fox name adds some "bling" value, so there is that.

I'm not sure you're missing out on much. The Fox IFP shocks are probably a bit better riding than the Rough Country shocks, but from my memory (I had them years ago) they weren't anything spectacular.

Of course the Fox name adds some "bling" value, so there is that.
The set I have driven a couple times were a bit nicer than other off the shelf shocks I've experienced. Though I'll admit that it's hard to justify the expense.

The set I have driven a couple times were a bit nicer than other off the shelf shocks I've experienced. Though I'll admit that it's hard to justify the expense.

I think a lot of people are just paying for the name.

The "Savvy tuned" IFP shocks I had before my outboard didn't ride terribly bad. They were nothing to write home about other than maybe the fact that they're very overpriced for what they are.

I think a lot of people are just paying for the name.

The "Savvy tuned" IFP shocks I had before my outboard didn't ride terribly bad. They were nothing to write home about other than maybe the fact that they're very overpriced for what they are.
Will probably replace with Ranchos for the time being, until I can put together a better suspension setup overall. Ranchos would gain me another inch of down travel in the rear for now. I should also replace the non-existent rear bump stops that the previous owner did not consider to be important. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Will probably replace with Ranchos for the time being, until I can put together a better suspension setup overall. Ranchos would gain me another inch of down travel in the rear for now. I should also replace the non-existent rear bump stops that the previous owner did not consider to be important. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Whatever you do DO NOT START A THREAD ABOUT WHICH SHOCKS ARE BEST