Frame Mounted vs. Body Mounted Sliders?

So what is the proper way a slider should be mounted to the tub (see basic cross section drawing)?
A - firmly against tub side, bottom lip and torque box
B - firmly against tub side, not touching bottom lip but against bottom tub
C - firmly against tub side, bottom lip and bottom tub
D - not pictured - firmly against tub side, not touching bottom lip but against torque box
E - some other method

Just curious and clarification would be nice. Pictures of the Savvy really are not clear enough to show actual mounting methods.

Reactions: skrelnik
So what is the proper way a slider should be mounted to the tub (see basic cross section drawing)?
D - not pictured - firmly against tub side, not touching bottom lip but against torque box
E - some other method

Just curious and clarification would be nice. Pictures of the Savvy really are not clear enough to show actual mounting methods. View attachment 80973
A is correct with a minor clarification. The bottom of the vertical tub lip is actually higher than the bottom of the torque box. You have it drawn roughly the same with a 90 degree angle. You should split that with two angles so the inner edge of the outer bend is up as high as possible and then angles inward and then flattens out to land flat on the bottom of the torque box.

E - some other method

Just curious and clarification would be nice. Pictures of the Savvy really are not clear enough to show actual mounting methods. View attachment 80973
Good question.

How about this one? Not trying to beat a dead horse, just trying to document for future generations. View attachment 80977
Correct. Also in the case of the mini boatsides I designed, the lower tub lip is bent inward far enough to raise that first bend up 1" for even more clearance there. If possible, one would want to avoid sliders that are bent with one 90 degree bend like your first drawing since it decreases clearance in the area where it is really desired.

Reactions: Zorba
Will the Savvy sliders fit with my GenRight rear stretch corner guards? Both the extra length and height of them on the tub. I would assume I’d need to order the Ali version and cut the rear for the proper length due to the stretch but maybe not. I’m liking the look and way these mount. I am looking for a new set as I busted up my current GenRight bar pretty bad last year.

Correct. Also in the case of the mini boatsides I designed, the lower tub lip is bent inward far enough to raise that first bend up 1" for even more clearance there. If possible, one would want to avoid sliders that are bent with one 90 degree bend like your first drawing since it decreases clearance in the area where it is really desired.

Slightly off-topic, but: how did you make the bend in the lower tub lip? I didn't know you had made a mini-boatside.

Will the Savvy sliders fit with my GenRight rear stretch corner guards? Both the extra length and height of them on the tub. I would assume I’d need to order the Ali version and cut the rear for the proper length due to the stretch but maybe not. I’m liking the look and way these mount. I am looking for a new set as I busted up my current GenRight bar pretty bad last year.
Doubtful. The length to the wheel well will be different and it would be very unusual for the heights to match where the corner rests on top of the slider.