Frame repair

Have you used these on your rig? Seems like a viable solution for those guys out there who have serious frame rust issues.

No. But I've seen quite a few TJs selling cheap because of frame rust.
My 97 was never driven in winter until I got it. Hopefully I don't have to worry about it for a while.
Looks to be a nice repair tho.

My 97 was never driven in winter until I got it. Hopefully I don't have to worry about it for a while.

If you put Fluid Film on the underside (cheap and easy) you'll never have to worry about it... EVER.

Reactions: UPJOHN
I'll have to check into it when it warms up. My whole jeep has a salt film on it now.

Oh yeah, that's not good. The Fluid Film will protect against the most severe salt you can imagine, even salt water.

They are very nice repairs I did one on a old 01 Sahara I had and if you have any sort of fab skill they are easy to install and work good. Just gota make sure you get all the rust gone from underneath.

The 05 is for sure, I read in a history of Jeeps article that the galvanizing started when the fuel injected 4.0L was introduced in '91.

Must have missed that when I had the tub off. Frame for sure wasnt. Maybe portions of the tub, like the double panels around the midsection. However, from the amount of rust I encountered it didn't seem like it was dipped in anything but poop:(

Yep, talking about the body being galvanized, not the frame which is not galvanized.
Ya, the tub was rotted in a lot of places like the body mount areas. I had to cut good size portions out and reweld. The whole damn thing is now covered with lizard skin inside and out or I should say underside and inside.
Not that any of this matters Jerry, just trivia at this point.
I'll look closer on the next one:)

I am quite familiar with the Safe-T-Caps. They really are a good product, and I bought and installed 4 pieces, before finding a new (to me) frame for $400. My frame was in pretty bad condition, but the body is surprisingly solid given the rust in the frame.

Reactions: Chris