IMPORTANT FRAUD ALERT

Of course it was. They just wanted to see if they could get away with it. People should cease doing business with them just out of principal based on that. They may have backtracked but what a garbage company to begin with, sheesh.

Everything else in that section of the TOS agreement has been the same back to at least 2015 with the only thing changed being the addition and near immediate retraction of the word "misinformation". The sole discretion of being able to recover 2500 for damages in the form of a fine has always been there. If you go read that whole section, it actually makes sense. An example could be your little fiasco. Say that gent you sold the ammo to illegally then went and used it to go and shoot up a school full of kids. With today's computer geeks, it would not take them long to figure out where it came from, which rules were violated, and now you have managed to drag them into a fucking mess that they clearly set up rules to stay out of. The 2500 dollar fine they could immediately levy against your account would be a pittance towards recovering what they will spend defending that bullshit in the public opinion. Lest we forget, the authorities went after the ammunition suppliers hard and with a vengeance for the Vegas shooter. You got a lifetime ban, big whoop. All you need to do is hope that twat you sold the ammo to never does anything bad with it because if that happens, them being a garbage company will not keep your name out of it.

So, say I disagree with that strongly enough to change my online financial instrument, I need to solve several problems at the same time so a great alternative should be easy for you or anyone to come up with and I really do not want to downgrade with an inferior solution.

Here is what I have that I need to replace-
Payment gateway that has similar or lower transaction fees.
Also accepts PayPal.
Business Capital loans for short term cash flow issues. They fund within 45 seconds of us applying, one time loan fee. Pre-approval limit of 150,000. No monthly payment, pays back as a percentage of each + transaction which I select depending on how fast I want to pay it back.
Low effort excellent dispute process. We have had a few over the years up to an including $5000.00 disputed payments on misrepresented items and have never lost yet. They take very good care of us in that regard.
Excellent protections for items I purchase online. I don't want sorta kinda the same, I want the same or better. That means I want what I have now which is a few times I have made a purchase and I immediately get a refund and them saying "yeah, sorry, you didn't want to do that, we were in the middle of figuring out this is a fraudulent seller and we slapped his peepee hard. Here is your money back".
Calls me about 4 times a year to make sure we're good, let me know the Business Capital line is there if I need it and wants to know if I have any concerns.
Calls me with a live person when I use the "call me" feature. And a live person I can actually understand. Other times I get through to a live person fairly easily when I don't use that feature.
Generate and send itemized invoices that track in a separate section.
Transition over to the new platform has to be easy and non disruptive.
Quickbooks is not an option for my own personal reasons.

And GO!

BTW- to clarify the Capital loan bullshit. We have the money to pay for our knuckles when we order. We are not dumb, we account for that. What we can't account for is what others do. Each batch of knuckles is around 35,000. We ordered 15/16. Somehow they got very delayed but we order with enough left so that won't be a problem. Then we reached the order threshold for the 17" versions and ordered them. In the middle of that, we finished up the Super 16 and placed that order. Somehow due to circumstances beyond our control, all three batches hit at the same time and now we're looking at 120 grand now due. It is nice to have a little safety net. We could have paid, that would have fully depleted our operating capital. 45 seconds later in PP, it's covered. Paid back short term 18 months.

Everything else in that section of the TOS agreement has been the same back to at least 2015 with the only thing changed being the addition and near immediate retraction of the word "misinformation". The sole discretion of being able to recover 2500 for damages in the form of a fine has always been there. If you go read that whole section, it actually makes sense. An example could be your little fiasco. Say that gent you sold the ammo to illegally then went and used it to go and shoot up a school full of kids. With today's computer geeks, it would not take them long to figure out where it came from, which rules were violated, and now you have managed to drag them into a fucking mess that they clearly set up rules to stay out of. The 2500 dollar fine they could immediately levy against your account would be a pittance towards recovering what they will spend defending that bullshit in the public opinion. Lest we forget, the authorities went after the ammunition suppliers hard and with a vengeance for the Vegas shooter. You got a lifetime ban, big whoop. All you need to do is hope that twat you sold the ammo to never does anything bad with it because if that happens, them being a garbage company will not keep your name out of it.

So, say I disagree with that strongly enough to change my online financial instrument, I need to solve several problems at the same time so a great alternative should be easy for you or anyone to come up with and I really do not want to downgrade with an inferior solution.

Here is what I have that I need to replace-
Payment gateway that has similar or lower transaction fees.
Also accepts PayPal.
Business Capital loans for short term cash flow issues. They fund within 45 seconds of us applying, one time loan fee. Pre-approval limit of 150,000. No monthly payment, pays back as a percentage of each + transaction which I select depending on how fast I want to pay it back.
Low effort excellent dispute process. We have had a few over the years up to an including $5000.00 disputed payments on misrepresented items and have never lost yet. They take very good care of us in that regard.
Excellent protections for items I purchase online. I don't want sorta kinda the same, I want the same or better. That means I want what I have now which is a few times I have made a purchase and I immediately get a refund and them saying "yeah, sorry, you didn't want to do that, we were in the middle of figuring out this is a fraudulent seller and we slapped his peepee hard. Here is your money back".
Calls me about 4 times a year to make sure we're good, let me know the Business Capital line is there if I need it and wants to know if I have any concerns.
Calls me with a live person when I use the "call me" feature. And a live person I can actually understand. Other times I get through to a live person fairly easily when I don't use that feature.
Generate and send itemized invoices that track in a separate section.
Transition over to the new platform has to be easy and non disruptive.
Quickbooks is not an option for my own personal reasons.

And GO!

BTW- to clarify the Capital loan bullshit. We have the money to pay for our knuckles when we order. We are not dumb, we account for that. What we can't account for is what others do. Each batch of knuckles is around 35,000. We ordered 15/16. Somehow they got very delayed but we order with enough left so that won't be a problem. Then we reached the order threshold for the 17" versions and ordered them. In the middle of that, we finished up the Super 16 and placed that order. Somehow due to circumstances beyond our control, all three batches hit at the same time and now we're looking at 120 grand now due. It is nice to have a little safety net. We could have paid, that would have fully depleted our operating capital. 45 seconds later in PP, it's covered. Paid back short term 18 months.

And there lies the problem...there isn't another option that fits your needs.

And there lies the problem...there isn't another option that fits your needs.

It is easy to get rid of something you can replace with an equivalent, not quite so easy when that isn't able to be done. And to be very clear, I am not even the tiniest bit reluctant to move to a new solution.

FYI for those following along, we moved from a payment gateway many years ago that was not even remotely competitive with what PP does in that regard. We just got what worked, not well versed enough to know any differences for the shopping cart. When we moved over, they held 5 grand to cover any outstanding transactions even though we showed them they were all covered. They didn't care. Took about 3 months of dealing with that bullshit constantly to finally get them to release it.

Reactions: P man
That's too bad. It definitely appears they were testing the waters, then backtracking.

PayPal has been the only method of payment I will use with online individuals. Venmo and Zelle are dangerous unless you know who you are dealing with. Add PayPal to the groups that are anti-US Constitution and Free Speech. Ironically they make themselves judge, jury and executioner of what is "hate" speech while delivering their own form of "hate" speech.

FWIW, PayPal has owned Venmo since 2015, which made my use of Venmo (to protest PayPal) laughable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba
Everything else in that section of the TOS agreement has been the same back to at least 2015 with the only thing changed being the addition and near immediate retraction of the word "misinformation". The sole discretion of being able to recover 2500 for damages in the form of a fine has always been there.
So explain to me how "misinformation", real or fancied, constitutes "damages".

So explain to me how "misinformation", real or fancied, constitutes "damages".

Let's do it small scale on a personal level so it sinks in some. Say you have someone who has decided that you need some bullshit in your life so he sets up a website which accepts donations via PayPal. The sole intent of this website is to put disparaging and untrue information out there in the public view to like minded individuals who believe that male belly dancers are an aberration that should be abolished from the US. The campaign is to ban the wearing of veils by any but of the biological female type, no classes or exhibitions by other than the traditionally accepted, nothing out of the ordinary for than genre.

They are careful to keep the libelous claims out of it but they do make the point well and often that there is something highly abnormal and offensive to the point where they make your life very difficult.

It is clearly misinformation and at the point you grow weary of it and file a lawsuit in response, now PayPal is involved in a misinformation campaign and really don't want to be.

If you read that section about what they do to start to recover damages, it makes enough sense that you wouldn't have asked this question since misinformation is just that and can be contrived about most anything we deem important as truth.

Let's do it small scale on a personal level so it sinks in some. Say you have someone who has decided that you need some bullshit in your life so he sets up a website which accepts donations via PayPal. The sole intent of this website is to put disparaging and untrue information out there in the public view to like minded individuals who believe that male belly dancers are an aberration that should be abolished from the US. The campaign is to ban the wearing of veils by any but of the biological female type, no classes or exhibitions by other than the traditionally accepted, nothing out of the ordinary for than genre.

They are careful to keep the libelous claims out of it but they do make the point well and often that there is something highly abnormal and offensive to the point where they make your life very difficult.

It is clearly misinformation and at the point you grow weary of it and file a lawsuit in response, now PayPal is involved in a misinformation campaign and really don't want to be.

If you read that section about what they do to start to recover damages, it makes enough sense that you wouldn't have asked this question since misinformation is just that and can be contrived about most anything we deem important as truth.
You raise some good points. But WHO determines that its "Misinformation"? As far as I'm concerned, 95.8239% of the "facts" out there are misinformation in one way or another. I'm to the point of where I don't trust hardly anybody, and nothing that I hear.

Reactions: TJ Jim
You raise some good points. But WHO determines that its "Misinformation"? As far as I'm concerned, 95.8239% of the "facts" out there are misinformation in one way or another. I'm to the point of where I don't trust hardly anybody, and nothing that I hear.

It really doesn't matter who. What matters is PayPal has a legal set of clauses and definitions outlined in their TOS agreement that gives them some recourse for the actions of others that are not part of PayPal.

You are as bad as talking to my neighbor about the bullshit in this state for buying ammunition. I was discussing or trying to discuss why it is so easy for the Democrats to so willingly give up their rights and how the stupid ass hoops you have to jump through are a symptom of that insanity.

His response? It really isn't a problem to go out of state to purchase ammo and bring it back home with you.

Perfect, so it is okay to fuck the other 95.8239% of the residents who don't live close to the border with a convenient store in the next state to buy your ammo from.

In other words, what you or don't consider misinformation has exactly zero to do with it. If you were in the same business as PP, you would try to cover your ass from every legal angle possible and would be a complete fool not to.

Reactions: psrivats
It really doesn't matter who. What matters is PayPal has a legal set of clauses and definitions outlined in their TOS agreement that gives them some recourse for the actions of others that are not part of PayPal.

You are as bad as talking to my neighbor about the bullshit in this state for buying ammunition. I was discussing or trying to discuss why it is so easy for the Democrats to so willingly give up their rights and how the stupid ass hoops you have to jump through are a symptom of that insanity.

His response? It really isn't a problem to go out of state to purchase ammo and bring it back home with you.

Perfect, so it is okay to fuck the other 95.8239% of the residents who don't live close to the border with a convenient store in the next state to buy your ammo from.

In other words, what you or don't consider misinformation has exactly zero to do with it. If you were in the same business as PP, you would try to cover your ass from every legal angle possible and would be a complete fool not to.
But - if I were going to "go after" someone, I'd go after them, not PP. Its not PP's fault.

Being intentionally obtuse is not a good look on you. But, you go girl, I'm out.

I'm not trying to be obtuse - really, I'm not. I realize our legal system is a hot mess, but blaming PP for something they didn't do is bullshit. The whole fucking system has just about everything backwards, and it includes this...

Skyline has issues but he’s good people

One thing I've learned here is don't judge someone's character by their posts. I know him personally and would trust him, if I were ever in a bad situation. There are multiple examples of others here that are the same! (y)

I'm not trying to be obtuse - really, I'm not. I realize our legal system is a hot mess, but blaming PP for something they didn't do is bullshit.
Call it whatever you want but going after the deepest pockets is exactly how it works. Always has been always will be.

Hey all, my account was hacked and caused this BS. My parting out ad has been removed, working with Chris on moving forward and making sure members don't think my ads are scams. In the process of changing my profile name as well, to "The Real Lxxtsy" waiting approval from Chris.

Hopefully all of those members who were affected get their money back.

Thanks to @Chris for unbanning me.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC and Chris
This just happened again with @techster82.

What is happening here is that members who haven't been on the forum in a long period of time are getting their accounts hijacked. This is likely due in part to the fact that most people couldn't choose a strong password if their life depended on it.

The biggest telltale sign that you're being scammed is if the seller requests Zelle or Venmo. DO NOT ever send someone money via Zelle or Venmo (or CashApp) unless you know them personally and you know for certain you can trust them. Zelle and Venmo do not offer purchase protection like PayPal.

The last one was pretty obvious since @Apparition discovered the winch he was selling was a copy and paste from Expedition Portal.

Just be sure to use your brain folks. If it sounds too good to be true, it likely isn't.

What is happening here is that members who haven't been on the forum in a long period of time are getting their accounts hijacked. This is likely due in part to the fact that most people couldn't choose a strong password if their life depended on it.

The biggest telltale sign that you're being scammed is if the seller requests Zelle or Venmo. DO NOT ever send someone money via Zelle or Venmo (or CashApp) unless you know them personally and you know for certain you can trust them. Zelle and Venmo do not offer purchase protection like PayPal.

The last one was pretty obvious since @Apparition discovered the winch he was selling was a copy and paste from Expedition Portal.

Just be sure to use your brain folks. If it sounds too good to be true, it likely isn't.

I've just resorted to telling folks if they won't send cash in an envelope, then don't use those payment methods because there is little to no recourse.

I always wondered what value @Apparition had on this forum and I finally have my answer