IMPORTANT FRAUD ALERT

I tested out of college English classes so I can't read.

adlarkahdk;adkfadkhdakrah;ladkoweruao

apparently it doesn't make any difference what I type since you can't read it anyway! 🤣

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
I tested out of college English classes so I can't read.

BTW, that sentence ^ is really messed up. Did I say grammar Nazi.

Oh, and here’s an interesting fact about Nazi’s. Before the Germans ever dreamed of the heil Hitler gesture, American schoolchildren did it rather than place their right palm over their heart. Things only changed bc the Nazi’s used it.

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
BTW, that sentence ^ is really messed up. Did I say grammar Nazi.

Oh, and here’s an interesting fact about Nazi’s. Before the Germans ever dreamed of the heil Hitler gesture, American schoolchildren did it rather than place their right palm over their heart. Things only changed bc the Nazi’s used it.

original.png

Chase is good at fraud claims from Zelle. I wouldn't even worry.

What was the too good to be true deal?

Not when using Zelle...I got scammed out of $550 just last month via Zelle through Chase and have received $0.00 back...absolutely embarrassing given that I work in cybersecurity.

It was Zelle
Just got off the phone with my bank. I need to wait till the transaction posts, and they will "claw back" the money to my account. The agent says this zelle type fraud is rampant, and they deal with it all the time! I feel a lot better.

Did you end up getting the money back? Just got hit for $200

Someone please tell me why anyone would use this "Zelle" for anything given "rampant fraud" and apparent lack of recourse? I don't know the first thing about Zelle, I assume its some smartphone thing?

Someone please tell me why anyone would use this "Zelle" for anything given "rampant fraud" and apparent lack of recourse? I don't know the first thing about Zelle, I assume its some smartphone thing?

No, computer banking thing. Just continue keeping your cash in jars in the backyard... you'll be fine.

Zelle has it's uses, like mentioned just use it for people you know. Lot's of people use it to pay their rent. I've used it to pay for a camping spot for the RV after arriving and confirming the spot is legit. From what I gather from some of the earlier comments it's the same as handing someone cash so use it accordingly. Now that I know this I will never use it to purchase something that is not in my immediate possession.
Scammers are so rampant I dread placing ads on CL or even on Next Door, last weekend I placed an ad and got 5 scammers. One asked me if I could do "meet up" so I Googled it and learned it was a scam. Finally after 3 days a genuine buyer texted me and we made a deal. Usually the scammers will quote the ad title word for word then ask if you still have "it". I was selling a set of five wheels so it was not "it" but "them" which was a big clue.

Reactions: Chris
Oh okay! That’s good news at least. The only way the scammers ever get a hold of people on this forum is by hacking accounts that use weak passwords.

🤣 don’t know that I would call that good news but definitely the not so bad side. 🤣

You want the bad news or the really bad news? Type of deal

Reactions: Chris
Yea, right. I don't permit my bank account to be Internet accessible.

Must be hard to bank in the year 1985…all those checks floating around were way more secure with account and routing numbers just visible for anyone to see. 🧐

Can you ask Doc if I can borrow the Time Machine? I’ve got some important stuff to take care of.