IMPORTANT FRAUD ALERT

Must be hard to bank in the year 1985…all those checks floating around were way more secure with account and routing numbers just visible for anyone to see. 🧐

Can you ask Doc if I can borrow the Time Machine? I’ve got some important stuff to take care of.

I write about 2 checks a month - everything else is paid by CC.

I write about 2 checks a month - everything else is paid by CC.

The fact that you write any checks in 2023 is crazy. Those are like the easiest to use and apparently most accepted forms of forged payment.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I mean, there are plenty of people out there that once purchased brand new Pontiac Aztek’s and thought it was a great buy. 🤣

Reactions: Ocho and P man
The fact that you write any checks in 2023 is crazy. Those are like the easiest to use and apparently most accepted forms of forged payment.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I mean, there are plenty of people out there that once purchased brand new Pontiac Aztek’s and thought it was a great buy. 🤣

Forged checks can be dealt with. Not easily sometimes, but dealt with all the same. Someone hacks my bank account that I stupidly allowed onto the Internet, and the money is GONE in many/most cases. Only 2 people see the check anyway - myself and the recipient. I know far more about computers than most people - BUT - I also know far less about the Internet than many. It wasn't part of my computer "growing up" so to speak. But I *do* know enough to NOT trust it. I'm VERY careful in my use of it as it can be a lot of fun and is useful. But I don't depend upon it as an "only way to do things" type of idea if that makes sense. This is all without throwing a smartphone into the mix, which is far more vulnerable in more ways than one.

Then you can call me crazy. Not only do I write checks for things like the mortgage and utilities I actually deliver them to the places they are owed in person. I really do not trust the mail and I trust the interwebs less.

Forged checks can be dealt with. Not easily sometimes, but dealt with all the same. Someone hacks my bank account that I stupidly allowed onto the Internet, and the money is GONE in many/most cases. Only 2 people see the check anyway - myself and the recipient. I know far more about computers than most people - BUT - I also know far less about the Internet than many. It wasn't part of my computer "growing up" so to speak. But I *do* know enough to NOT trust it. I'm VERY careful in my use of it as it can be a lot of fun and is useful. But I don't depend upon it as an "only way to do things" type of idea if that makes sense. This is all without throwing a smartphone into the mix, which is far more vulnerable in more ways than one.

Totally get it…I’m just throwing jabs in good fun. 🤣 i work in cybersecurity, so I know all the shit out there that folks are scared of, and then all of the shit that is actually scary that most can’t even comprehend. 😳

Reactions: Zorba
Totally get it…I’m just throwing jabs in good fun. 🤣 i work in cybersecurity, so I know all the shit out there that folks are scared of, and then all of the shit that is actually scary that most can’t even comprehend. 😳
I had a very interesting conversation with a cyber security dude about my favorite website to hate: Facesuck. The things he told me made my hair stand on end! And this was probably a decade ago or more.

I had @Zorba rip me off for 500$. I bought a phone from him and got this?
download (5).jpeg

I think he sold me a cookoo clock???

But it was the best 3 hours of his life

It might have gone faster, but he felt compelled to place about 1/3rd of them with his teeth! ;) :devilish::ROFLMAO:

All bullshit aside, this does remind me of one of my boring stories. Many years ago, I was onboard a ship coming back to port from a day trip. We had a couple or three hours to kill steaming back, so I was up on the bridge shooting the shit with the captain and first mate. First mate's girlfriend was a Belly Dancer, sometimes she'd dance at the same club I did on Friday nites, and he'd come along. I have several videos he took of me back in the day. Anyway, I asked him if they were planning on coming to the club "this Friday" - he said he was pretty sure that they were.

So I told him "You know, like *any* Belly Dancer, I really appreciate your tips when I'm performing - but I think that $20 bill in your teeth last time was just a bit over the top!". He picked it up and ran it to the endzone! He said "Yea, but I was really into your dance, it was beautiful, and I just wanted to express my admiration and gratitude!". He and I are looking at the Captain out of the corners of our eyes, poor guy looked like he was about to open a window and leap overboard! Good times.

@wborisenok was hacked today and it appears that the hackers have scammed more members out of their hard earned money.

What don’t people understand about not sending money via Zelle or Venmo? You ONLY do that with people you know personally.

Also, do some folks not understand what a STRONG password is?

I’m not going to babysit grown adults. Stop sending money via Zelle, Venmo, CashApp, etc.

Use PayPal or something that has buyer protection.

I am sorry @MattTJRubicon82 and @roverhi. I warn people about this for a reason. Zelle and Venmo are not meant for this sort of thing. You should be using PayPal (goods and services).

@wborisenok was hacked today and it appears that the hackers have scammed more members out of their hard earned money.

What don’t people understand about not sending money via Zelle or Venmo? You ONLY do that with people you know personally.

Also, do some folks not understand what a STRONG password is?

I’m not going to babysit grown adults. Stop sending money via Zelle, Venmo, CashApp, etc.

Use PayPal or something that has buyer protection.

I am sorry @MattTJRubicon82 and @roverhi. I warn people about this for a reason. Zelle and Venmo are not meant for this sort of thing. You should be using PayPal (goods and services).

Was this for the winch she was selling from a JL that was never used? Had the winch picture with her screen name and the date?

Was this for the winch she was selling from a JL that was never used? Had the winch picture with her screen name and the date?

Yep, that’s it. @Jamison C alerted me to it. I checked the IP addresses and they were from Singapore and Istanbul today. They hacked the account and changed the email to one of their own.

As I keep saying, don’t use Zelle. If people don’t want to listen then that’s on them.