Free, cheap, & low cost mods for your Jeep Wrangler TJ

Just surprised nobody said a black stubby antenna Part # ASM6221K. I got a 21" for $19. Same reception as big whip. Might have been able to do 15"... but done and on to next mod.

Also, when removing milk jugs on front bumper, there are nice caps for $7 (each) Crown Automotive Stubby Bumper End Cap - 55078138AA

I love this thread! New to the forums and really know nothing about Jeeps, aside from how I like them to look. I've had mine for 15 years, but because I'm not a "car" guy, I really don't know what I'm doing.

Do people really like the look of no milk jugs on the bumpers? Do they serve no purpose? Thanks!

Reactions: ChestnutHill
Do people really like the look of no milk jugs on the bumpers?
I love the look without the milk jugs, and with the end caps that @Rourket recommends. I think it made a huge improvement in how the Jeep looks (but this is certainly personal preference).

Having seen what the milk jugs are made of, I can only think of one good use for them: nesting sites for Brown Widows.

I love the look without the milk jugs, and with the end caps that @Rourket recommends. I think it made a huge improvement in how the Jeep looks (but this is certainly personal preference).

Having seen what the milk jugs are made of, I can only think of one good use for them: nesting sites for Brown Widows.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I think I'm going to take mine off this weekend. I'll take some before and afters and show them off.

Sorry for the questions: Do you remove the ones off the rear bumpers, too? Thanks!

It's just a couple of small screws. You could just pull them off and decide whether you like it that way. If not, you can put them back on. Should take all of five minutes.

Reactions: bedhed and Kiwi TJ
I took my end caps off.. but I have witnessed first hand their purpose. They essentially are designed to abosrb damage...

I t-boned a car... his fault. Damage was absorbed by end caps instead of going to body.

His car was totlaed.. i had a cracked turn signal.

I took off the milk jugs, and I'm so glad I did! I think my front end looks way better, so thank you guys for your input! Bottom is with them, top without them.
Milk Jugs Before and After.JPG

Also on the free and cheap mods, I was considering a smaller black antenna. Somewhere around here I came across someone who suggested to just paint it black rather than but a shorter one that may not get good reception. So...I did. Happy about it, too! I like how it looks much better! Left is before, right is after.

Antenna Before and After.JPG

2003-2006 gas tank skid 1” clearance mod. If you have a BL, Angle grinder and a drill bit, the cost is a few bolts and a few hours of time