Freedom winch line 3.0 from the Bleepin Guy

Matt at Bleepin Jeep just revolutionized the winchline the market with his disruptive technology. He discovered this little known secret that big winchline manufacturers don't want you to know and is turning the industry on it's head!

Last edited:

View attachment 427313

The “stock one”. At least that’s what my Warn and Badlands winches came with.

I’ve watched those stock hooks break apart twice now. Factor55 has got to be stronger.

14874627924_0809ab4ed7.jpg

Seems like the rope was stronger. If only there was method of connection that utilitized the rope as the eye.

I see that now.

So it’s better than the traditional hook, but there’s better products out there to minimize connection points.

there are better ways, even sticking to F55 products. They have shackles that have to be spliced on, with wider, radiused openings to use with a soft shackle (basically a safety thimble ripoff yet somehow significantly more expensive), which would have eliminated 2 connections and 2 hard parts from what they did in that photo.

The biggest issue with F55 is how easy it is to use their stuff stupidly if you buy the wrong stuff and don't think things through, while thinking you've achieved the pinnacle of winching safety because of their marketing.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
there are better ways, even sticking to F55 products. They have shackles that have to be spliced on, with wider, radiused openings to use with a soft shackle (basically a safety thimble ripoff yet somehow significantly more expensive), which would have eliminated 2 connections and 2 hard parts from what they did in that photo.

The biggest issue with F55 is how easy it is to use their stuff stupidly if you buy the wrong stuff and don't think things through, while thinking you've achieved the pinnacle of winching safety because of their marketing.

Yeah, I mean I’m no pro in winching safety, but this discussion reminds me of the roll cage arguments. In that: how safe is safe enough?

Folks used the regular hooks for years. Then it seems factor55 came and was all the rage, and now the safety thimble design is agreed to be superior (tho the JK/JL crowd is still enamored with factor 55).

I have a factor55 on right now that I received as a gift. When it comes time for me to switch to synthetic rope, I’ll for sure do some more research and make the decision on what thimble to go with.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low

Folks used the regular hooks for years. Then it seems factor55 came and was all the rage, and now the safety thimble design is agreed to be superior (tho the JK/JL crowd is still enamored with factor 55).

I don't know when the earliest of the F55 stuff we recognize today arrived on the market. All I know is that when I bought my Safety Thimble in June 2014, it was already not new and was already well established. And understood by many as the more intelligent and informed method of winch rope termination. Synthetic winch rope wasn't new either. Nor was the concept of something like the freedom rope. Protecting the rope with a thimble and a separate consumable wear component was always the argument.

Wow, we are doing this again. I stick by my original issues with this design. I will amend the "freedom winch line" could be free and I would still just use soft shackles for the wear points (and watch my rope for wear to replace it as appropriate).

All the factor55 comments here are what we've talked about a number of times in that they encourage poor safety through too many connections. But, people still put hilifts on their rigs... even better when their rigs are stock and the bumper jewelry are unusable.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/bleepin-jeep-winch-invention.48623/#post-839240

Closed system winching at its finest.
Got to give him credit though. They used the same marketing to convince folks that more connections are better in the same way that big mining companies came up with the slogan "CLEAN COAL".

There is no such thing as clean coal and fewer connections are always safer.

Yeah, I mean I’m no pro in winching safety, but this discussion reminds me of the roll cage arguments. In that: how safe is safe enough?

I have a factor55 on right now that I received as a gift. When it comes time for me to switch to synthetic rope, I’ll for sure do some more research and make the decision on what thimble to go with.

Factor55 did NOT come up with the safety thimble concept. Their safety thimble like product came well after Blaine's design was out.

Factor55 did NOT come up with the safety thimble concept. Their safety thimble like product came well after Blaine's design was out.

And it took them at least ten years to copy it while adding their typical bulk. And doing so did nothing to amend and improve the their existing product line.

Reactions: psrivats