From C. Florida!

sohllis

Hi! I'm brand spanking new to the Jeep world. I picked up a 2005 Jeep Wrangler X from Winter Garden, FL (it'd be cool to somehow run into the previous owner). Previous owner already threw in a lift kit and some big ol' bf goodrich tires.

I was already introduced to "the box of marbles".

I bought it knowing it needs some small work done to it, annoying tinks mostly. For example, horn doesn't work, speedometer isn't accurate, one hood latch is broken, rear window is missing from aftermarket hardtop, and three CEL codes that I'm looking to have addressed with the help of some veterans on here.

For starters, I already purchased a new set of hood latches and for the sake of MPG, I went ahead and picked up a Mopar intake system. A couple things I'm looking to do is address the P0456/P0457 which appears to be gas cap related so I went ahead and also ordered a new gap cap from the dealer.

It's also throwing P0431 which some search results are saying O2 sensor or catalytic converter which is COOL because I'll just look at a high flow cat converter to also help my cause of saving some MPGs and replace O2 sensor if necessary.

I'm in Altamonte Springs, FL and maybe I'll meet some locals through these forums. Thanks again for any input.

Reactions: Serbonze and Chris
There's quite a few Flordians on this forum. @Serbonze, @JeepNWilly, @Goblin, just to name a few.

Anyways, definitely post some photos up when you get a chance, we love seeing pictures.

It sounds like most of the stuff you are describing is small things that can be fixed pretty easily. It's a good idea to start doing basic maintenance items such as replacing the O2 sensors (see this thread: The Official Jeep Wrangler TJ Oxygen (O2) Sensor Thread) and overhauling the cooling system (see this thread: Jeep Wrangler TJ Cooling System Overhaul FAQ) as those are things that need to be done with a vehicle this age anyways, especially if they're the stock parts!

Reactions: Serbonze
Here a couple photos!

Love the thread on cooling system you provided. I just saved it so I can also tackle this at some point after I figure out the small stuff!

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

Reactions: Goblin and Chris
Welcome! Great looking jeep...what fenders are those?

I’m in south south Florida-also known as Miami/North Cuba.

Welcome - from St. Pete... Your Jeep has a lot of goodies on it. Good luck with the niggly issues. Definitely follow the advice and do all the preventative maintenance as well as the stuff throwing CEL's...I'm working my way through all the preventative maintenance myself. Only had my rig for about a month now...

Reactions: sohllis and Chris