Front and rear Rubicon Dana 44 axles near Montrose, CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ad is confusing. Sounds like he is selling the entire drivetrain. The question is, for how much?

I just think it is a bit overpriced. That is the issue with Rubicon D44s, because they are so rare people ask ridiculous prices.

And they don't usually sell at that price...at least not around here.
What is a reasonably geared rear Dana 44 with a locker worth complete? I don't see anything with a locker going for less than 1500.

For a front Dana 44 with the ability to gear down to 5.38 if needed, locker, complete, won't go for any less than the 1500 for the rear. Even at cheapskate prices that puts the pair at 3000 and if someone lists something for 34, they will likely take 32. Not much overpriced for this area.

Reactions: lowranger
What is a reasonably geared rear Dana 44 with a locker worth complete? I don't see anything with a locker going for less than 1500.

Almost every one in my area that actually sells is a dead stock takeoff with 4.11 gears and stock shafts, and they usually don't bring a grand unless someone just REALLY wants to spend that kind of money. A complete, straight, perfect front for $1500 would be okay, but most people around here don't want to dump that money into a low-pinion axle with 30 outers (despite there being nothing wrong with doing so). Built sets are usually priced so high - $4K to 5K or more - that nobody buys them. The trend in this area is to either polish and run your stock axles until they're expensive chunks of scrap metal (thus lowering the demand for a bolt-in improvement and making a lot of takeoff sets somewhat suspect in their solidity) or to swap in an aftermarket housing, a JK takeoff, an 8.8 rear (why???) or to go with one-tons of one vintage or another; there's little interest in easy swaps, which is also why unmolested HP30 housings can still occasionally be found for $125 at the junkyards.

For a front Dana 44 with the ability to gear down to 5.38 if needed, locker, complete, won't go for any less than the 1500 for the rear. Even at cheapskate prices that puts the pair at 3000 and if someone lists something for 34, they will likely take 32. Not much overpriced for this area.

I think they're more popular in your area than they are here, despite them not being common in either. Then again, almost everything in said area is more expensive than it is here because of the costs and standards of living, so that might be a factor as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.