Front bumper mount nut came off

Toneloc313131

Supporting Member
Both of the left side bumper mount nuts that are welding inside the bumper mount came off. Not sure how to handle this. At this point I can’t mount a bumper. I’m hoping you guys can help me with ideas on how to resolve this

Here is a picture

432C206C-1003-4806-9853-372BB6FCCC51.jpeg

2AD3661C-9A4F-4B3C-9535-ACC3B630042B.jpeg

Quite an interesting and confusing problem… I’m assuming you don’t know how to weld or don’t have a welder? As a temporary fix, you could put the bolt in first, upside down, so that the threads are sticking up, out of the frame. Then put the nut on top. Should be able to tighten them down then that way. Someone else will probably comment and have a much better solution to this, but that’s what I thought of quickly

Strong magnet, steel wrench, steel nut (both thin enough to slide in place.

Thread the bolt through the hole, line up the bolt with nut threads, and torque to spec.

without being able to weld, my hack-job brain says get a tube of JB Weld, clamp the nut back on with a c-clamp flush with the frame rail then pump the weld all around the perimeter. Once dry you oughta be good to go

Reactions: Austin O.
Strong magnet, steel wrench, steel nut (both thin enough to slide in place.

Thread the bolt through the hole, line up the bolt with nut threads, and torque to spec.
Problem is that the bumper covers that part of the frame when it is on, so if you did this, you wouldn’t be able to hold the wrench in place

Anyone know what size nut these are

no idea, just take the bumper bolt to the hardware store & match it up. If it were me I'd continue my hack with a flange nut, clamp it really tight then pile up the JB Weld all around, that thing will be there until the end of time (just make sure you clean the shit out of the spot you're 'welding' it to)

ngcb186.jpg

I’m not sure you can get a long enough bolt in from the bottom. From my memory, that tube cross member would be in the way. I could be wrong though.

Why is no one telling this guy to have a couple nuts welded on by billybob the welder?

That’s what I did with mine broke loose… Drove up the road to a shop that always has dump trucks and log trucks around it and I told the guy I’d give him 20 bucks if he‘d tack weld the nut back in place and I was gone in 10 minutes… you can’t ever be afraid to ask, the worst thing they can do is say no! All you gotta do is drop a bolt in from the top and tighten a nut up then tack weld the nut and back the bolt out!

Reactions: Rickyd