Front bumper with winch plate and integrated receiver mount?

bdurham1367

Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade my front bumper to one that has a winch plate and a front receiver mount built in. Not having any luck so far......does anyone know if something like this is even available? Or would I have to modify something?

Mainly need to carry a hitch carrier w/rod holders on front to keep sand from getting all over my rods/reels when I hit the beach.

Thanks

Reactions: BlueChip
A receiver hitch AND a winch plate on the front bumper? Good luck on that.

Never seen such a thing. There are plenty with built in winch plates, but a receiver hitch on the front bumper is not common.

I have this front bumper:

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-4011.htm
It has the 2" receiver and the winch plate. It also has provisions for flat towing, lights, etc.

It is a great bumper. The only downside is it is heavy.

Rock Hard 4x4 also makes other front bumpers. I've seen them say on another forum that most of their bumpers can be custom ordered with a hitch receiver. So if you want something smaller, you could probably get any of these bumpers with a receiver:

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/Jeep_Wrangler_TJ_Bumpers_s/276.htm

I had one from Nate's 4x4, which I ran for years. They're not around anymore, but the ATS one referenced looks very similar. It's a little hard to see, but there's a receiver behind the hook.

1YgRrM6.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade my front bumper to one that has a winch plate and a front receiver mount built in. Not having any luck so far......does anyone know if something like this is even available? Or would I have to modify something?

Mainly need to carry a hitch carrier w/rod holders on front to keep sand from getting all over my rods/reels when I hit the beach.

Thanks
Sent you a pm.

I'm in the same boat. Want a front receiver. Guess I'm going with the Garvin and a 13K lb receiver winch mount.

If you can't find what you want, just order one with the receiver hitch and then purchase a separate winch mount plate and bolt it on top of your bumper. All winches end up higher than on many other vehicles anyway because of the round tube brace right behind the bumper frame rails.

If you can't find what you want, just order one with the receiver hitch and then purchase a separate winch mount plate and bolt it on top of your bumper. All winches end up higher than on many other vehicles anyway because of the round tube brace right behind the bumper frame rails.
Thanks Goatman, I actually WANT the winch on a hitch mount, not a dedicated winch plate. Just had trouble finding a front bumper with a receiver.
Plan is- winch on a 13K lb hitch mount with a female battery quick disconnect plug. Set of 1AWG cables terminated in battery quick disconnect male ends (15' should be plenty and carry the necessary current). Switched box for battery power underhood with the other female plug, winch can be moved from front to rear in seconds. In a pinch moved to any vehicle with a receiver like my daughter's Cherokee or my wife's JL and powered off their battery or mine.
I will eventually replace all the cool tools like my pipe bender and welder that I lost in the last divorce (WORTH IT!) and fab up exactly what I want...unless I decide I really like the Garvin.
The Garvin ain't the fanciest or prettiest girl at the dance, but she looks sturdy and fun and I think that'll suit me just fine.

Here is a tip.
Check to see if you can adjust the steering box BEFORE you bolt it in place.
You may want to notch it so that if you ever want to adjust you steering box you will not need to remove the winch and front bumper to do a 5 minute adjustment.

Most bumpers can swing out for work like that. Remove all three bolts on the driver's side and leave the single front-most bolt in but loosened slightly. Works for my shorty Savvy bumper but I'd think nearly any bumper could hinge out enough to work on the steering box without disconnecting the winch.

I think this checks all your boxes, winch plate obviously comes off. Don’t know the brand, it was on there from PO. Rock hard or dirtworx I believe.

6597E7D5-7FD9-460A-BE34-8E40C37E07FE.jpeg